Banner
Views: 763,749,699
Time:
18 users online: AWMonopolyMan, AyGaAlPa, Dark Prince, Falconpunch,  FPzero, GreenHammerBro, Halzyn, kamekku14, Knucklesfan, lx5,  PercentN, Ruberjig, ShadowAlexandre,  Shiny Ninetales, SiameseTwins, TheInsanity115, ThePat545, Vriska Motherless_Team - Guests: 62 - Bots: 360Users: 40,145 (1,956 active)
Latest: ManWhoDrunkMilk
Not logged in.
The ASM Requests Thread
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - SMW Hacking Help - ASM & Related Topics - The ASM Requests Thread
Pages: « 1 255 56 57 58 59 »
Originally posted by Green Jerry
Request:
NameLoop Sprite
TypeSprite
Short descriptionA sprite that makes the stage loop.
ResourcesN/A
ImagesN/A
videoN/A
Long descriptionThis sprite will make the level loop like in 4-4/7-4 of SMB1.

How does it work:

It only gets activated when Mario/Luigi touches it.
There are 2 sprites. One sets the place to loop to, and the other makes the stage load the blocks and sprites placed to the right of sprite 1.

Note: Layer 2 and 3 (only as BG mode) shouldn't be looped!


Edit: Typo.

There was a block that was removed for 4 years, but already, BTD6_maker made a YI SPASM code of it. Look at this video, Super Mario Legacy still used it, and that video from SMWCP2. you can both see them in action.

Name: Player-following Companion
Type: Sprite
Description: A small 16x16 sprite that flies around with the player similarly to Omochao in the ROMhack Sonic 1: Omochao Edition. It can be set to 1: do nothing, or 2: display level message 1/2 when the player presses Select. It could also have an ability similar to Cheese the Chao from Sonic Advance as a setting.
Mecha-Porky #69 mechanically dabbed!
Thread for hack I might not finish due to poor time management
Name: Layer 2 Step Off Fix
Type: Patch
Description: Fixes by resetting the fall speed if you step off Layer 2.

What inspired me to request it was from this video on that timelink and SomeGuy712x's comment on it.

https://youtu.be/cG2FWRCEEhg?t=174
Originally posted by SomeGuy712x's Comment
(2:54) That's so dumb that you just drop sharply if you step off of a layer 2 platform. I think it's because the game thinks you're "falling" if you're not on layer 1 ground or a platform that's sprite-based, and thus you tend to instantly reach terminal velocity when you step off. Of course, if you jump off of a layer 2 object, that resets your vertical speed and you won't notice any issue. (I wonder if there's a patch to fix that step-off-layer-2 glitch?)


--------------------
100% Orange Juice Playthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf1kPWkjcurtA3xPP3TybfqSiEn1AcX2A

VLDC9 Playthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf1kPWkjcurtiP5de_-e6q0hSVrY37RB-.


I’m going to make a naw request post than this old 1.

Name: Better SMB3 Rocky Wrench

Type: (Extended) Sprite (PIXI)

GFX: SMB3 and SMM

Videos in action: We have seen a better 1 in Kouma 2 and in this doomship video which Ladida made and also in SMB1X

Description: Unlike Koyuki's old Rocky Wrench with acts like a piranha plant throwing dry bones bones or Chuck’s baseball and dies in a puff of smoke, this one throws an actual wrench (custom extended sprite). When Mario stands on top of the sprites before it rises up, it acts like a little platform or a rideable enemy (mega mole or shy guy). When Mario jumps on the sprite after it rises, is falls and dies. Seen in airship and tank levels. When the extra bit is set, the Rocky will show up again after it dies. Make it work with PIXI (Add SA-1).

Just like in this post, Ladida thinks she was using it from smkdan misc. sprite pack, instead, she used it found in PukiWiki or from an amazing japanese hacker.

So make sure you PM to Ladida and Koyuki.
Name: Cuckoo & Punchy Pipes
Type: Sprites
GFX: Here
Description: These sprites are made so that if the player tries to enter the pipe it's set in, the player will enter the pipe, then get blasted out by the Cuckoo / Punchy, throwing them out of the pipe and stunning them until they stop moving entirely. After launching the player, it slowly retracts back into the pipe. It doesn't do any damage, but the stun should be annoying enough to punish the player with. Plus, it's pretty funny.

The Cuckoos are meant to be placed on Horizontal Pipes, while the Punchies are meant to be placed on Vertical Pipes. The sprites use the vanilla sprite palette, green for Cuckoo and red for Punchy. It shouldn't be possible to kill these sprites, as that could possibly cause problems with entering the pipes after they are killed.

I liked seeing something very similar to these in Super Mario Sunshine, so I thought they'd be fun to have in SMW as well.
Name: Walking Spring Board Enemy
Custom Sprite
Function:

It's like a koopa that turns into a spring board after jumped on. Like the shell is a spring board. I saw this twitter post and got the idea.

Or maybe it's like a walking spring board. A spring board with arms and legs and after you hit it with a fireball from the fire flower then it looses its harms and legs and becomes just a regular spring board that you can carry around.

https://t.co/k88JKx9HA9
Originally posted by Final Theory
Name: Walking Spring Board Enemy
Custom Sprite
Function:

It's like a koopa that turns into a spring board after jumped on. Like the shell is a spring board. I saw this twitter post and got the idea.

Or maybe it's like a walking spring board. A spring board with arms and legs and after you hit it with a fireball from the fire flower then it looses its harms and legs and becomes just a regular spring board that you can carry around.

https://t.co/k88JKx9HA9


This sounds pretty easy to make. Could you provide graphics of some sort for this?
Name: 32x32 npc.
Type: Sprite.
Function: Same as this sprite, but 32x32.
GFX: Can be just yoshi.


Has anyone already a patch to stop the consecutive jump meter while Mario is swimming? I could have sworn it was a thing some time ago, but I can't find it in the patches section, nor the ROM map.

--------------------

Currently working on Æther: The Infinite Library!

Other Submissions of mine:
SNES Controller Graphics
I have that in my rom somehow, but I can't remember at all where or how I got it. Maybe it's still in the hack's folder somewhere...
Originally posted by Deeke
Has anyone already a patch to stop the consecutive jump meter while Mario is swimming? I could have sworn it was a thing some time ago, but I can't find it in the patches section, nor the ROM map.

Code
main:
LDA $75
BEQ +
STZ $1697
+
RTL

This Uberasm should work (untested)
Untested or not, I haven't had any problems with that bit of code. Thank you very much!

--------------------

Currently working on Æther: The Infinite Library!

Other Submissions of mine:
SNES Controller Graphics
somebody see the loud house i hope
that someone did this characters as enemies
but not the mayn characters but the secondary characters kids boy and girls girl jordan kat sweater qt shy qt etc ...
Originally posted by squawks64
somebody see the loud house i hope
that someone did this characters as enemies
but not the mayn characters but the secondary characters kids boy and girls girl jordan kat sweater qt shy qt etc ...

uh
could you repeat that in english please
Originally posted by IronFoxGaming
Originally posted by squawks64
somebody see the loud house i hope
that someone did this characters as enemies
but not the mayn characters but the secondary characters kids boy and girls girl jordan kat sweater qt shy qt etc ...

uh
could you repeat that in english please


Imagine the 10 sisters as bosses and Lincoln as Mario (the player) who have to fight them. Each sister has different moves.

• Lori will use her phone to text words and attack him.
• Leni will run around hitting walls.
• Luna will attack the player with her guitar creating shockwaves causing knock backs.
• Luan will set traps and turn invisible.
• Lynn attacks him with balls (chuck’s football and baseball).
• Lucy will attack him with bats and fly around.
• Lana will use her frog to attack him and throw tools.
• Lola will ride on her car attacking the player.
• Lisa will throw bottles which dose random things.
• Lily will sit down and throw her toys. The fart cloud blocks the player. He must use the toys to attack her.

mod edit: fixed table stretch
Originally posted by squawks64
somebody see the loud house i hope
that someone did this characters as enemies
but not the mayn characters but the secondary characters kids boy and girls girl jordan kat sweater qt shy qt etc ...

Originally posted by CalHal

Imagine the 10 sisters as bosses and Lincoln as Mario (the player) who have to fight them. Each sister has different moves.

• Lori will use her phone to text words and attack him.
• Leni will run around hitting walls.
• Luna will attack the player with her guitar creating shockwaves causing knock backs.
• Luan will set traps and turn invisible.
• Lynn attacks him with balls (chuck’s football and baseball).
• Lucy will attack him with bats and fly around.
• Lana will use her frog to attack him and throw tools.
• Lola will ride on her car attacking the player.
• Lisa will throw bottles which dose random things.
• Lily will sit down and throw her toys. The fart cloud blocks the player. He must use the toys to attack her.

Please keep random stuff out of here, this thread is meant for serious ASM-related requests.
well that would be cool that the 10 sisters would be the bosses but I was referring to the minor characters


Regardless of who, that is probably far too specific, while the request itself is far too vague for anyone to actually do anything with anyway. Keep in mind that this thread is for requesting community resources; your requests should be not only clear, but also usable in more than a single hack.

Originally posted by the rules
Don't request something too specific. -- All fulfilled requests will be available for everyone and should be adaptable enough to work with any hack.

Originally posted by the rules
Put clear information -- Nobody will understand your request if you don't make it clear what you want.


Professional frame-by-frame time wizard. YouTube - Twitter - SMW Glitch List - SMW Randomizer
Request name: SMB3 Bowser
Type: Boss
Resources: Template: Video
GFX: SMB3
Palette: SMB3 and SMW Recolor

--------------------


C3 Summer 2019:
C3 Ports

Originally posted by Infinity
Request name: SMB3 Bowser
Type: Boss
Resources: Template: Video
GFX: SMB3
Palette: SMB3 and SMW Recolor

There is already 1 in Crisi’s SMB3 styled hack and in Super Kitiku Mario which he throws hammers if the extra bit is set.
Pages: « 1 255 56 57 58 59 »
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - SMW Hacking Help - ASM & Related Topics - The ASM Requests Thread

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Total queries: 23

Menu

Follow Us On

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Affiliates

  • Talkhaus
  • SMBX Community
  • GTx0
  • Super Luigi Bros
  • ROMhacking.net
  • MFGG
  • Gaming Reinvented