Banner
Views: 845,066,526
Time:
30 users online:  Aja, Alextric234,  Anorakun, brickblock369, BrownBuddy, Counterfeit, Dark Prince,  Doctor No,  E-man38, EgonV,  FPzero, Green Jerry,  idol, Israelcv12cv,  KevinM,  Maarfy, Miscalc, MORC, Potions315, RanAS, Sancles,  Sinc-X, The_Uber_Camper, TheInsanity115, TheMorganah, Ultima, underway, viniciuskombat, Von Fahrenheit, Wrh - Guests: 74 - Bots: 80 Users: 46,471 (2,733 active)
Latest: DoomRater
Tip: Bad things to do in the title demo: Enter a door or a pipe, activate a P-switch or a star, complete the level, hit a message block, or die. These will either glitch the music, or force the player into an endlessly looping title level until they reset the game.Not logged in.
The ASM Requests Thread
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - Display Case - The ASM Requests Thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 970 71 » Thread Closed
Originally posted by cheat-master30
Your real Homing Bullet Bill exists and was made by some Japanese hacker quite a while ago:

Just have to change the Get Draw Info variable to point to where you patched Romi's Get Draw Info routine.

You can see a modified version of that sprite in the fourth door of Bowser's Castle in Brutal Mario, where you have to guide it to blow up Bowser statues.


I already did know that there was a Homing Bill made by a Japanese hacker, but that one only follows the player horizontally or vertically, thus is why I called my request the REAL Homing Bill.

I wanted the Homing Bill to do something like in this video where it specifically moves in circles and not in straight lines.

I'd say the best way to do this is to modify the SMB3 Fire Chomp as it has similar movements and for the Real Homing Bill to explode after a span amount of time.
My YouTube Channel
Best SMW Hacks Compilation
As I mentioned in my PM, I thanked TheBiob for doing my request. Now it's time for another one:

Name: Elite Goomba
Type: Sprite
Short description: A very hard enemy to kill.
Resources: GFX+palette here
Long description: This is how it works. The Elite Goomba walks normally. When Mario jumps or spinjumps on it, before hitting the target, the Goomba launches spikes from its helmet to protect itself and it can keep on doing that, until Mario is done. Jumping on its spikes hurt you and spinjumping in it boosts you. When the Goomba sees Mario(is 5 blocks away from the enemy), it prepares to spit 6 fireballs at him. After doing this 1 more time, it goes to sleep and Mario can jump/spinjump on it. The Goomba will be hit and it will show an animation. Another hit on the Goomba will defeat it.

--------------------
You can download my VLDC12 entry here.
I'd like to see these patches.

-The SMA2 character select.
-The small victory pose on Yoshi fix.
BANANA SLAMMA.
Originally posted by chineesmw
Originally posted by cheat-master30
Your real Homing Bullet Bill exists and was made by some Japanese hacker quite a while ago:

Just have to change the Get Draw Info variable to point to where you patched Romi's Get Draw Info routine.

You can see a modified version of that sprite in the fourth door of Bowser's Castle in Brutal Mario, where you have to guide it to blow up Bowser statues.


I already did know that there was a Homing Bill made by a Japanese hacker, but that one only follows the player horizontally or vertically, thus is why I called my request the REAL Homing Bill.

I wanted the Homing Bill to do something like in this video where it specifically moves in circles and not in straight lines.

I'd say the best way to do this is to modify the SMB3 Fire Chomp as it has similar movements and for the Real Homing Bill to explode after a span amount of time.


Sure you're not mixing it up with the one in the sprites section?

It's more like the one here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH8_6aOxtE4&t=5m2s

--------------------
For gaming news and Wario discussions, check out Gaming Reinvented and Wario Forums respectively.

As for Mario's Nightmare Quest? Well, it's currently on Fusion Gameworks, ROM Hacking.net or the GCN at the moment.
This is actually quite (hopefully) a simple request that will require no rom hacking.

Request name: Convert the DKC2 BSNES MSU-1 XML to a Higan-094 capable manifest.bml (and possibly 096+ bml) (2 PCM lists, RealPack and Remix Pack)
Type: XML to BML
Short description:
I would like to have a working manifest.bml file for using in Higan 094 and possibly 096 if at all possible. The XML is already created for BSNES 070, so hopefully this will be an easy conversion. I am just not knowledgeable enough with RAM addresses to do this. I never really delved into HEX editing and ASM... lol.
Resources:
Link to XML
Link to ASM Notes
Link to Track ID's
Link to IPS Patch
Links:
Link to Forum Post
Notes:

There are 2 lists of PCM's I need this for. I expect I can simply edit the BML file made and provide the tracks necessary. I suppose I can edit that part myself. Both PCM lists use the same XML. I just need the RAM/ROM addresses entered in.

EDIT: Actually it was a lot simpler than I thought...

Donkey Kong Country 2 Remix Pack Manifest.BML
Donkey Kong Country 2 Remix Pack + Extras Manifest.BML
Donkey Kong Country 2 Real Pack Manifest.BML
Donkey Kong Country 2 Real Pack + Extras Manifest.BML

EDIT 2: I updated the links above to make the BML's reference the dkc-1.pcm/etc instead of my custom named files, and also made Higan 096+ compatible BML's:

Donkey Kong Country 2 Real Pack + Extras Manifest.BML for Higan 096+

Donkey Kong Country 2 Remix Pack + Extras Manifest.BML for Higan 096+
I don't know how you managed to get to this thread with a request like that, but as it turns out the ASM Requests thread in the Super Mario World ASM Forum isn't where you ask people to convert arcane bsnes stuff for you.

--------------------
Your layout has been removed.
Originally posted by Pixel-Gon Gamer
I'd like to see these patches.

-The SMA2 character select.
-The small victory pose on Yoshi fix.


Please only make one request per time. Additionally, please make your requests more detailed and give more information and/or resources (graphics, links for videos, etc.) or otherwise your request won't be accepted.

Originally posted by Drakonas
post


Sorry but as leod said, this thread is for SMW Hacking related requests only. Additionally, it's too specific. Please ask the hack author or ask here instead.







Guys I just wanted to make clear that just because some or another guy is fulfilling your requests it does not give you the right to spam their PM inbox with more requests and related stuff.

Please stop doing that, this thread was made to people volunteer to help and not to make their personal consumer service for ASM resources. If this persist they will end up not fulfilling requests anymore. Thank you.




 
Originally posted by TheBiob


Nice! #tb{XD}

Originally posted by cheat-master30
Sure you're not mixing it up with the one in the sprites section?

It's more like the one here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH8_6aOxtE4&t=5m2s


Ohhh, I'm glad you've provided a video because this whole time I thought you were talking about this type of Homing Bill, which I didn't want.

But the one from the video you've shown me is perfect! I'm just curious, who would I credit for this sprite and would I get permission from them to use it?
My YouTube Channel
Best SMW Hacks Compilation
Originally posted by Vitor Vilela
Please only make one request per time.


Okay fair enough. I think I'll go with the more useful one, and that is the SMA2 character select. Just like in SMA2 when you press R you'll switch either Mario or Luigi, and it disables the 1 PLAYER GAME & 2 PLAYER GAME flag.
BANANA SLAMMA.
Originally posted by leod
I don't know how you managed to get to this thread with a request like that, but as it turns out the ASM Requests thread in the Super Mario World ASM Forum isn't where you ask people to convert arcane bsnes stuff for you.

Yeah it was a longshot. My bad. I ended up figuring out how to convert it myself though... links provided in the post above for those that want it... I feel like a fool for not realizing this isn't a general ASM Requests thread for every game lol. Really sorry for this.
Originally posted by chineesmw
Originally posted by TheBiob


Nice! #tb{XD}

Originally posted by cheat-master30
Sure you're not mixing it up with the one in the sprites section?

It's more like the one here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH8_6aOxtE4&t=5m2s


Ohhh, I'm glad you've provided a video because this whole time I thought you were talking about this type of Homing Bill, which I didn't want.

But the one from the video you've shown me is perfect! I'm just curious, who would I credit for this sprite and would I get permission from them to use it?


I think the homing bullet is from here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130205145006/http://2nd.geocities.jp/yoshi_65c816/sprite.html

Maybe try yoshi_65c816. Though it might also be 33953YoShI. He seems to be the guy behind the classic Firebar and Super Bob-omb sprites (which were also on that page), and the Homing Banzai Bill sprite he has seems to be similar to this version of the homing bullet.

--------------------
For gaming news and Wario discussions, check out Gaming Reinvented and Wario Forums respectively.

As for Mario's Nightmare Quest? Well, it's currently on Fusion Gameworks, ROM Hacking.net or the GCN at the moment.
Originally posted by chineesmw
thus is why I called my request the REAL Homing Bill.

I wanted the Homing Bill to do something like in this video where it specifically moves in circles and not in straight lines.


Done your request.
this sprite has used a triangle functions. so it moves in circles.

also, yoshi_65c816's owner is me. so "HomingKiller.asm" is mede by me at about 7 years ago. #w{=9}
I will allows to you use it if you like it than I just made version.
Originally posted by 33953YoShI
Done your request.
this sprite has used a triangle functions. so it moves in circles.

also, yoshi_65c816's owner is me. so "HomingKiller.asm" is mede by me at about 7 years ago. #w{=9}
I will allows to you use it if you like it than I just made version.


This is amazing!! Thanks so much 33953YoShI, it works exactly the way I wanted it to as well!

Many thanks #tb{:j}
My YouTube Channel
Best SMW Hacks Compilation
Request Name: SMA2 Luigi Physics
Type: Patch

Desc:
I'm not really sure if I need to go in depth about explaining this one. I want to have the Luigi physics that are present in SMW's GBA port, SMA2, ported to SMW, right down to the flutter kick when he jumps.

Resources:
I don't know if I could honestly call it a resource, however one hack pretty much did port them, but the thing is that it was created by someone in Japan, and abandoned some time ago, but I preserved the patch in case anyone knowledgeable can look at the code in a debugger or something.

Here's the patch.

Videos:
I guess this one??? Idk it's just SMA2 gameplay with Luigi in it.

Hope I've included everything needed.
Request: Mario Walk/Running Speed Changer
Type: Patch

Description: A patch that allows you to edit Mario's walking and running speed.

Thanks.
Originally posted by 1UPdudes
Request: Mario Walk/Running Speed Changer
Type: Patch

Description: A patch that allows you to edit Mario's walking and running speed.

Thanks.


You mean this?

Originally posted by ROM Map
$00D535 120 bytes Mario physics Mario's maximum X speeds on flat ground and on slopes.
The table consists of sets of 8 bytes, in the order of $13E1. Each of these sets then consists of four groups of two bytes each (for max left and max right), in the order: walking 14 to 24, running 24 t0 34, unused, sprinting 30 t0 40.

$00D5AD 16 bytes Mario physics Mario's maximum X speeds in water.
The first set of 8 bytes is for when Mario isn't carrying an item, while the second set is with one. Each set consists of four groups of two bytes each (for max left and max right), in the order: on ground 08 to 18, swimming 10 to 08, on ground in a tide 02 to 04, swimming in a tide 08 to 04.

$00D5BD 12 bytes Mario physics Mario's maximum X speeds when sliding down slopes with the down button. In the order of $13E1, without flat ground 28 to 1B or flying included 2C t0 1D.
$00D5C9 34 bytes Mario physics Mario's minimum X speeds on flat ground and on slopes.
The table is in the order of $13E1. Each entry gets two bytes; the second byte is the actual speed ($7B), while the first is the accumulating fraction bits ($7A).
The last 8 bytes of the table seem to be unused.


You have to Hex Edit it.

--------------------
Do you like my Avatar? Click here for the whole picture!

Princess Daisy's SMB3 Adventure
Progress:

(My Patch is currently being requested.)

World 1: 0%
World 2: 0%
World 3: 0%
World 4: 0%
World 5: 0%
World 6: 0%
World 7: 0%
World 8: 0%
Special World: 0%
Next Hack to make:
Reimu Hakurei's SMB1 Adventure
Hey, anyone here good at coding sprites / boss specifically?

I want a boss that flies and shoots 4 diagonal bullet bills and follows the player and shoots shells at him, and you need to hit him 3 times with the shells he throws. if you guys can make him occupy 2x2 tiles or 1x1. i want 2x2 to make him a custom gfx

also make sure it's SA-1 Compatible. please.

I'm quitting smwc goodbye it has been fun meeting you guys

Request: A (simple) 32x32 Core Boss
Type: Sprite
Short Description: A simple 32x32 Core that's shootable with SML's Marine Pop. Shoots custom projectiles.
Resource: Bin File, Palette File.

Long Description: A very simple stationary floating 32x32 colour-changing boss with 15 HP that can be attacked using the SML Marine Pop sprite. It'll aim and shoot projectiles at the player every few seconds. It will warps the player to a specific level (screen exit is prefered) after it explodes like a bob-omb when defeated. Uses the original SMW Palette slots A-D with an additional shade to palette space 8. It switches GFX every 5 hits.

Any other details or phases to add are welcomed, but not required. Make it as customized as you like!

My Reward to hand when fulfilled: A sampled composition of any theme, or a small graphical request.

--------------------
Are you an ASM coder and want to trade "resources"? Private Message me for details.
(I also offer SMW Custom Songs in exchange for ASM! I don't do ports though unless it's to remix.)

Want progress on 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition? Go here to see.

Are you a sample porter and wanna help with 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition? Private Message me or Mellonpizza for details. Expect trading "resources" in exchange. 4 more left.




Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 970 71 » Thread Closed
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - Display Case - The ASM Requests Thread

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2020 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy