Banner
Views: 1,003,527,849
Time:
26 users online: 7 up, Alexdroide177, alvinluis, Children's Digest 1950-2009, Dark Prince,  Ethelfleda, EvanEMV, FrozenQuills, Fry, Gamma V, HeitorPorfirio2006,  idol, Infinity, Jazzman287, JupiHornet, KungFuFurby, MarsAmpere, Masked Man, MegaSonic1999, Ringo, RollingRigatonis, Shining Hero, SilentSnake20, The Yak Smoker, Thiago678, xhsdf - Guests: 130 - Bots: 301 Users: 54,847 (2,038 active)
Tip: Apply the Counterbreak UberASM form to reset your powerup/Yoshi status in order to avoid bringing them over from previous levels.
Not logged in.
Banzai Mario World 2 Trailer
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - C3 Museum - Summer 2016 - Banzai Mario World 2 Trailer
Pages: « 1 » Link
Hey everyone, thanks for clicking my C3 thread : )
I'm gonna show off my new kaizo-light hack, the sequel to the original Banzai Mario World.

Trailer

This hack has been through a ton of changes and stuff, including a name change, but this trailer should show the final vision for the hack. Those who have stayed up to date in the Kaizo forums and my YouTube channel should recognize most of the levels in this trailer. However, I'm guessing there's only a few people who have done that, so this is for those who aren't familiar with the hack. For those who aren't familiar with the original either, let me explain some stuff about it.
-Kaizo-light difficulty, which can be completed savestateless (if you have a lot of time)
-Custom music, ASM, graphics, ect.
-An expansive overworld with lots of secrets
-A gimmick in every level
-A moon in every level ; )

However, Banzai 2 will differ from the original in a few ways:
-More expansive overworld
-Half the levels use vanilla gimmicks, while the other half use ASM
-Inspired by JUMP, there will be levels like storage room levels with hints and stuff, that will usually contain secret exits.
-Literally infinite lives, there is no need to life farm

So yeah, hope you like it and stuff!
I can already conclude that this hack is turning out to be promising just from following it, and I like the approach you're going for. Nice trailer too!
storage rooms eh

looks super neat! like, super duper chuper ruper neat. Nice use of boomerangs and ropes, reminds me of "Not so Dire Docks" ;)
I think you're better at making (SMW) Kaizo-lite than I am. This seems like one of the few Kaizo bandwagons I haven't been a part of. I guess I'd rather exercise my brain by reading/playing visual novels than designing using a style I'm not used to.

--------------------
Legacy custom music
A site where you can watch my YT videos AND be able to hit that dislike where your dislike will be visible to other people and not have to rely on a browser extension

Originally posted by Katerpie
I can already conclude that this hack is turning out to be promising just from following it, and I like the approach you're going for. Nice trailer too!


Thanks!!

Originally posted by ft029
storage rooms eh

looks super neat! like, super duper chuper ruper neat. Nice use of boomerangs and ropes, reminds me of "Not so Dire Docks" ;)


Thanks :D lots of accidental JUMP inspirations haha and yeaa storage rooms haha they'll mostly be for hints and stuff for the puzzle levels, like too many doors. I can't really do a life farm thing cause I have a patch for infinite lives. The boomerang level in the cave was inspired by lolyoshi's boomerang level for Jump 1/2, but it's different cause it's in a cave :P

Originally posted by Sokobansolver
I think you're better at making (SMW) Kaizo-lite than I am. This seems like one of the few Kaizo bandwagons I haven't been a part of. I guess I'd rather exercise my brain by reading/playing visual novels than designing using a style I'm not used to.


Yeaa, I never really saw you getting onto the kaizo-light bandwagon. The appeal for me is, besides easy design, it's really exciting to finally beat a level you've been trying to beat over and over without savestates, and watching other speedrunner do this is really fun. Your style of hacks is really amazing to watch to, but it's more of like a visual art form, like a visual masterpiece. It's a bit jarring to watch someone play it in real time though, with the constant slow down and stuff. I guess that's the appeal of the kaizo-light hacks, you can play it and watch people play it in real time, instead of watching smv movies. Also, it's what I'm used to designing of course.
Awesome! Really looking forward to playing this!

--------------------
daaaaaaamn looks nice

I think I've seen some of those levels before, yeah.

(also) Man, you're always so good with this stuff! Super hyped, I am. ack, now you make me want to go work on Mostly Harmless.

Originally posted by GBreeze
like a visual masterpiece. It's a bit jarring to watch someone play it in real time though, with the constant slow down and stuff. I guess that's the appeal of the kaizo-light hacks, you can play it and watch people play it in real time, instead of watching smv movies. Also, it's what I'm used to designing of course.


As a generality, I've always thought about Kaizo:Light as "play for fun fingers reflexes excercise" (if you know what I mean), and Kaizo:Hard (for some hacks) as just art, you play it through and it looks cool in post, and is fun to figure out, but the motions you go through to get through a level aren't exactly the most "fun" things; entertaining, though? yes. With Mario Maker having a decent sized Kaizo community nowadays, the term "Kaizo" often seems to refer to Kaizo:Light, that being what most of the Mario Maker Kaizo levels seem to be like, or at least in my mind, since none of those levels require tool assist. (although it sure would be nice to have it when playing some of the harder ones) I mean, the harder genre of kaizo would be nigh on impossible with SMM :P


Once again, super excited for this hack of yours!
I'm SOO onboard for this!

--------------------
Please pardon the eye.
Originally posted by jesus
Awesome! Really looking forward to playing this!


Originally posted by Mariotag1
I'm SOO onboard for this!


Thanks!!

Originally posted by a hick
daaaaaaamn looks nice

I think I've seen some of those levels before, yeah.

(also) Man, you're always so good with this stuff! Super hyped, I am. ack, now you make me want to go work on Mostly Harmless.

Originally posted by GBreeze
like a visual masterpiece. It's a bit jarring to watch someone play it in real time though, with the constant slow down and stuff. I guess that's the appeal of the kaizo-light hacks, you can play it and watch people play it in real time, instead of watching smv movies. Also, it's what I'm used to designing of course.


As a generality, I've always thought about Kaizo:Light as "play for fun fingers reflexes excercise" (if you know what I mean), and Kaizo:Hard (for some hacks) as just art, you play it through and it looks cool in post, and is fun to figure out, but the motions you go through to get through a level aren't exactly the most "fun" things; entertaining, though? yes. With Mario Maker having a decent sized Kaizo community nowadays, the term "Kaizo" often seems to refer to Kaizo:Light, that being what most of the Mario Maker Kaizo levels seem to be like, or at least in my mind, since none of those levels require tool assist. (although it sure would be nice to have it when playing some of the harder ones) I mean, the harder genre of kaizo would be nigh on impossible with SMM :P Once again, super excited for this hack of yours!


Thanks! :D I'm glad you're looking forward to playing it. You should keep working on Mostly Harmless! Nice name by the way haha. Yeah, I completely agree with what you said. Mario Maker definitely falls into the Kaizo-light genre, even if it takes some people 10 hours to beat.. it's still actually possible to beat without savestates.
Hey, nice trailer! I really love the way you design your levels, how everything is set to happen at a specific frame..
It's been a while I didn't play anything kaizo, but kaizo-light hacks like this are still looking interesting to me, and I might just give this one (and the first one) a shot!
I really enjoyed the first Banzai Mario World. This one seems to a have much more ASM implemented and still looks as funny as the prequel. Also, some new gimmicks are very original, I think.

The trailer itself was quite simple but effective, I liked it :P

Everything can be hacked.
Not gonna lie, the trailer makes this hack look really hard, but still fun! I'll have to give it and its prequal a shot sometime.

--------------------
Twitter
The handomest people in the world are ones who follow my Twitch
I loved the first Banzai Mario World and it's been a long time since I've played some good kaizo light. I'm usually not into other people's hacks like this, but this is leaving me with a special feeling in my stomach. Thank you and good luck!
the people who watch hentai as an anime, and not just as a porn, are the superior race
Originally posted by Eminus
Hey, nice trailer! I really love the way you design your levels, how everything is set to happen at a specific frame..
It's been a while I didn't play anything kaizo, but kaizo-light hacks like this are still looking interesting to me, and I might just give this one (and the first one) a shot!


Thanks! : )

Originally posted by Kixune
I really enjoyed the first Banzai Mario World. This one seems to a have much more ASM implemented and still looks as funny as the prequel. Also, some new gimmicks are very original, I think.

The trailer itself was quite simple but effective, I liked it :P


Well thanks! It's funny you say that actually, because this one has significantly less ASM than the first one!

Originally posted by K.T.B.
Not gonna lie, the trailer makes this hack look really hard, but still fun! I'll have to give it and its prequal a shot sometime.


Thanks! Don't worry, this really shouldn't be that hard. Unless you're doing it savestate-less of course, that's gonna be hard haha (but possible of course)

Originally posted by LDA
I loved the first Banzai Mario World and it's been a long time since I've played some good kaizo light. I'm usually not into other people's hacks like this, but this is leaving me with a special feeling in my stomach. Thank you and good luck!


Thanks!! I'm glad you're looking forward to playing it!
Dude, this looks rad as hell. I can clearly see the inspiration from the Kaizos (1/2/3) with a pretty unique twist - levels look good and I can see a lot of really neat new ideas in execution there.
You think it's sane to try this out tool-less? :O
Damn that looks awesome Gbreeze! This is gonna be one hell of a fun hack to play when you release it (admittedly I still need to play the first Banzai lol). At this rate you're gonna outdo us all in terms of ASM in kaizo. Lol as if, Pandora's Box will wipe the floor with Banzai Mario World 2. Still a great hack regardless tho
Originally posted by Koopster
You think it's sane to try this out tool-less? :O

tis why people like Linkdeadx2 and Area51 exist

too bad Panga has his Mario Maker shenanigans to deal with
Originally posted by Koopster
Dude, this looks rad as hell. I can clearly see the inspiration from the Kaizos (1/2/3) with a pretty unique twist - levels look good and I can see a lot of really neat new ideas in execution there.
You think it's sane to try this out tool-less? :O


Thanks! : ) yeah I definitely got a lot of inspiration from the original Kaizo's! And haha yeahh it seems crazy but my goal with my Kaizo hacks is to always have them be possible without tools. Like ft said, there's crazy people who can beat them (I can beat the first Banzai without savestates myself).

Originally posted by Undertaker
Damn that looks awesome Gbreeze! This is gonna be one hell of a fun hack to play when you release it (admittedly I still need to play the first Banzai lol). At this rate you're gonna outdo us all in terms of ASM in kaizo. Lol as if, Pandora's Box will wipe the floor with Banzai Mario World 2. Still a great hack regardless tho


Thanks! Yeahh you don't have to play Banzai first, since there's no actual real story haha but I guess it wouldn't hurt. I actually didnt put much ASM in this one. Buuut I'm gonna add some more ASM heavy levels later. (And btw challenge accepted hehe)

Originally posted by ft029
Originally posted by Koopster
You think it's sane to try this out tool-less? :O

tis why people like Linkdeadx2 and Area51 exist

too bad Panga has his Mario Maker shenanigans to deal with


Ldad <3 first person to beat Banzai savestateless and I think he almost stopped functioning on Mario on Ice. And Aaron has never played it.. but he's also insane.. but then again I feel like I would be scarred for life from his elaborate insults if he played it haha

Panga is too busy watering his garden
Pages: « 1 » Link
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - C3 Museum - Summer 2016 - Banzai Mario World 2 Trailer

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2022 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy
  • sm64romhacks