Welcome in the Featured Hacks subforum!
Do you see a finished hack in the SMW hacks section that you think is great but feel as though it's not getting the attention it deserves?
Now you can nominate it!
Rules for nominations
- Your nomination must have substantive reasoning
. The more substantive it is, the higher the chances of a mod to add it in the table of hacks waiting for featuring are. Of course, you can second hacks nominated by other people to increase said chances.
- You can not nominate a demo.
- You may not nominate your own hack.
- Don't review hacks in the nominations thread! Do it in the thread that will be created for the hack in question.
- Don't nominate hacks that have already been nominated previously; i.e. don't nominate JUMP
, or K-16: Story of Steel
, since both were discussed for featuring already. Check the table of Waiting Hacks
first (at the end of this post), so that you're sure that the hack you want to nominate hasn't been discussed already.
- Don't nominate hacks with the "fixme"
tag. The hack you nominate must work in accurate emulators.
- No joke posts or reviews.
This subforum is heavily moderated; anything questionable can be considered reason of ban.
As for how the reviews will work
- When a mod claims a hack and finishes playing it, a thread will be created in this subforum. That's where you will be able to review it.
- Any kind of review will be considered valid by the mods: small, big, 2-3 lines post, wall of text, and so on (except for joke and/or shit reviews obviously). Keep in mind though, that more complex reviews will be much heavier than smaller ones.
- A hack gets featured not by quantity of good reviews, but by quality
: for example, if a hack will get 1 very detailed good review saying to reject it, and 2-3 tiny reviews saying to accept, the hack will be most likely rejected if the mod is more lenient to a rejection as well.
- Users won't get any kind of points when making a review. However, those who show care, steadiness and professionality in their reviews, will attract our attention, and will be possibly picked as hack moderators in a close future
- Every time a thread is created, the mod which starts it will also set a time limit
. This can vary, depending on the hack's length: it could last days, weeks and even months. Once the time is up, the thread will be closed, users won't be able to review it anymore, and the mod who made the thread will make a decision depending on his personal experience and depending on the reviews the thread got.
An extension of deadlines can be asked. If you need, go ahead and ask for it, although it can be requested only once per thread.
Hack Mods for Featuring hacks
The following hack moderators are responsable for playing nominated hacks:
This table contains all the hacks that are waiting to be reviewed. Once a moderator claimed and finished one, a link to its thread will be set in the STATUS field. Once a decision will be picked, the hack will either be FEATURED or REJECTED.
Note that the following table isn't a list of featured hacks. If you want to see all the featured hacks, refer to this one