Originally posted by Sockbat Replica
A lot of people are rightly concerned about terrorism.
Generalizing an entire country only makes relations with said country worse. But yes, you're right, they shouldn't be shutting down discussions regarding terrorism threats in America, especially for people that watch the news and see these terrorist attacks/attempts taking place with no assurance their own safety is guaranteed. Is Trump wrong for playing into people's paranoias to gain their trust? Absolutely. Is Hillary wrong for treating it as a non-issue? Not really, but it's a disservice for people sincerely looking for some kind of answer or solution to their safety.
The obvious solution is an education system focused on defining and clarifying the distinctions between an extremist and a normal citizen. There is just a majority of the population that can't distinguish a difference because the way that these attacks and groups are discussed in the media generalizes them ALL to be the bad guys. That's the kind of stuff the president/congress should have to crack down on and regulate. But that would mean the media couldn't control people's fears and anxieties for ratings any more, so that'll never happen. ugh
DONALD TRUMP WAS JUST ON THE SHOW 60 MINUTES
here are the keynotes, for those of you that are interested:
- His speaking voice makes you feel like you're in an ASMR video
- Doesn't regret anything he said in the campaign, believes that taking it to the extremes like he did is what it took to get people passionate
- The biggest thing he focused on with Obama during meeting was the Middle East. He claimed that with the 6 trillion spent overseas on military they could've fixed the country twice
- He still wants to build a wall, will settle for a fence in some areas but primarily wall
- Is pro-life, is going to elect pro-life judges and leave pro-choice bills up to individual states. If you want an abortion but your state wont let you, "just go to another state"
- He told all the people attacking minorities in his name to stop it and called it incredibly sad that it's happening at all
- He is going to refuse the president's salary, and has no plans on taking any vacations throughout presidency
- Briefly called out Clinton campaign spending a billion dollars on campaign
- He still believes there are areas of polling that are rigged, "im not going to change my opinion just because I won", understands why the electoral votes are there but still thinks they are rigged in some states against voters
- Claims to support LGBTQ community, but danced around subject of same-sex marriage. His answer was that his opinion didn't matter because it's already legal, nothing he can do
- Will not talk about plans to fight ISIS to any capacity, he knows how they're going to win but why would he tell them his plan
- As first lady, his wife's main focus is going to be cyber bullying. When asked about her husband doing just that she claimed that yes she called him out repeatedly for being rude
- His daughter is not an official member of the council or w/e, but she has a lot of topics she's passionate about
- Plans on repealing Obamacare, but not until an alternative, better option is already good to go (says there will be no gap between repealing Obamacare and bringing in new health care. they will happen simultaneously.) People that require Obamacare to survive or something wont lose it.
I'm undoubtedly forgetting a few things but i'm sure a recap will be online soon