75 users online: 7 up, aaabichou,  Anorakun, Arobam, bandicoot,  bebn legg, Bernardo, Big Brawler, Blizzard Buffalo,  BTD6_maker, bwal, chickaDEE Magazine, codfish1002, CosmicTiff, Darolac,  Deeke, Dippy, DJLocks,  E-man38, ECS.98, Eduard, EvanEMV, Far, FerpyMcFrosting, Final Theory, Froger, FrozenQuills, ft029, Green Jerry, Heraga,  JamesD28,  KevinM,  Koopster, LeaderAngelo, Lester_Vine, LOLRyan2006 the Goombud, LucasRCD, Luigiman941, lx5, Maimur Siddiqui, Matheus2653,  Maxodex, Miku,  MiniMawile303, Mirann, Mr. MS, MrDeePay, musicalman,  Nameless, ninj,  Pinci, Raymondsze, Redwykelz, RollingRigatonis, Ruberjig, Rykon-V73, SammmUuU, sarum,  Scrydan,  Sinc-X,  Slash Man, Soonstar, Sparkle-And-Syro,  Spinjumper, SquidBoy20,  Stivi, Super Maks 64,  Tahixham,  Teows, TheMorganah, TruffledToad, Truxton, Ultima, Veals, Yetibucca - Guests: 75 - Bots: 270 Users: 45,645 (3,279 active)
Latest user: TrashReploid
Not logged in.
american election thread
Forum Index - Donut Plains - General Discussion - american election thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 415 16 »
Originally posted by Torchkas
Originally posted by idol
a lot of minorities will be hurt, deported, and subject to a lot of fucked up shit if trump wins. there's nothing funny about tossing the idea of president trump around tbh

how?

Post of the year

--------------------
Your layout has been removed.
this election has honestly driven me to hate my country
Originally posted by ThePat545
Trump is good with money


Yes, and his companies have gone bankrupt four times.
Good with money, guys. Good.

It seems pretty likely that Trump was kind of the gear in the machine. He's been doing everything to make people not want to vote for him, which unfortunately doesn't stop a lot of people from still supporting him, despite the situation.

Apparently. Democratic candidates wanted Turnip to be the Elephant nominee. Trump is that bad. So bad, that I'm pretty confident that Clinton will win this election. Which I wouldn't particularly like, since she is a Third-way Democrat. (In simple terms, she gives money to rich people assuming they'll give it to their poor employees assuming it'll "trickle down") The positive side of that would be that

(I just wanted to throw these opinions and statements out there)

Go Stein, folk hero
Originally posted by Torchkas
Originally posted by idol
a lot of minorities will be hurt, deported, and subject to a lot of fucked up shit if trump wins. there's nothing funny about tossing the idea of president trump around tbh

how?

what do you mean how? the only reasonable explanation for "how" would be one of unfamiliarity of who trump is and his policies. have u ever heard of donald trump b4? lol

--------------------
Originally posted by Torchkas
voting against another candidate isn't new in politics.
i know it isn't i literally linked an example in my post lol

I guess I meant this whole "less of two evils" and "i'm not happy with either choice I have to make" kind of atmosphere surrounding this stuff. It's like why even have an election if there's no real preferable outcome (besides Not Trump, tho that choice is pretty good)
It's kind of like Brexit passing because 53% of the population wanted it. Like, 47% of the population is still a lot of people to just disregard. Same as here, most of these polls show that Clinton is just barely winning every time (except for a few key places). idk, if 50% of the country wants one leader and 41% wants the other (and 9% are feeling very optimistic), it's pretty stupid to just ignore the fact that 50% of the population don't want that person in office. But this is also why I'm not into politics. Because I just cant understand them.

--------------------
im dying of hyperbole
Originally posted by a hick

Apparently. Democratic candidates wanted Turnip to be the Elephant nominee.


Please don't call Trump a turnip. I like turnips, they never yell at you. In any event, Trump's obviously a pumpkin. It's important to keep one's jack-o'-lantern straight.
Originally posted by MercuryPenny
this election has honestly driven me to hate my country

You and me both. And even if Trump doesn't win, it's not as if all those psychotic morons will just go away. They'll just be sore losers and even more ticked off.
Originally posted by idol
what do you mean how? the only reasonable explanation for "how" would be one of unfamiliarity of who trump is and his policies. have u ever heard of donald trump b4? lol

I'm asking you which of his policies would cause those effects, and what they would look like.

Originally posted by a hick
Yes, and his companies have gone bankrupt four times.
Good with money, guys. Good.

You know it's smarter to file bankruptcy for a subsidiary when it's running you losses than to keep pumping money into it because you like it so much? business 101

Originally posted by Rameau's Nephew
Please don't call Trump a turnip. I like turnips, they never yell at you. In any event, Trump's obviously a pumpkin. It's important to keep one's jack-o'-lantern straight.

he's orange too

--------------------
Originally posted by Torchkas

I'm asking you which of his policies would cause those effects, and what they would look like.

He doesn't actually need to do anything, since his presidency has been heavily supported by white supremacist, neo-nazis and other hates groups, those group will see it as validation and will become more active. It's similar to brexit, which was also supported by those same groups and resulted in a signifiant rise in hate crime.
Originally posted by Hobz
Voting for the person that's going to represent the entire country for reasons that have nothing to do with the actual candidate is such a fucked concept I can't even comprehend how it can get to this point.

It seem to mostly be an issue with American politics having only 2 major parties, so there is not a good third option when the two other candidates are not good
Originally posted by Bio
He doesn't actually need to do anything, since his presidency has been heavily supported by white supremacist, neo-nazis and other hates groups, those group will see it as validation and will become more active. It's similar to brexit, which was also supported by those same groups and resulted in a signifiant rise in hate crime.

There's no proof this is because of Brexit. The migrant crisis seems a more apt contender to me.

Trump also isn't a white supremacist or a neo-nazi. He doesn't have a gestapo. These groups have a long history of supporting republican nominees.
None of his actual policies, the ones that he doesn't seem to jump ship on every hour, are ethnically biased.

--------------------
You don't need to be the head of an organized crime group to be a white supremacist.

Also yeah, if you go out of your way to pick out the things he says that aren't going to actively hurt minorities and ignore all context and influence his mere nomination has had, then you can end up with a Trump that isn't discriminatory.
Sadly we can't vote for that Trump though :(

--------------------
Your layout has been removed.
Originally posted by leod
You don't need to be the head of an organized crime group to be a white supremacist.

What do you need to be? Someone who's blunt and unthoughtful?
Context and influence doesn't make someone a white supremacist, neither does "saying things" that might influence. Actual policy is what's important in politics. I get that Trump makes this seem like a soap opera, but perhaps that's done him more harm than good.

--------------------
I'm just

just gonna leave this here.

As I have gone through in multiple posts before, this man is a joke and shouldn't be anywhere near the White House. Clinton is the only one even remotely qualified, and while I know she's corrupt, I'd say she'd at-least be good for the United States and the world. Trump simply won't be.

His economic policies are a joke and would only benefit him and his businesses, his blatant xenophobia and racism towards Muslims and Mexicans should have disqualified him months ago, he treats women like shit as we've heard from his tapes and others, he doesn't give a damn about LGBTQ+ people since Pence is his Vice President, and he acts like a fascist all the time, wanting to lock Clinton up for political reasons and lamenting the freedom of the press, freedom of expression...

Gah, I'm sick of this. I hope to god you Americans make the right decisions, because otherwise we'll all suffer and I WILL ensure NONE of you FORGET THAT.
Remember when South Park made an episode about how the world will end after the elections? That was 8 years ago.

--------------------
Originally posted by Torchkas
Remember when South Park made an episode about how the world will end after the elections? That was 8 years ago.


Epic zinger there mate, what a great rebuttal to my arguments.

2008 was between a moderate Democrat and a moderate Republican.

2016 is between a fairly moderate, if somewhat corrupt, Democrat and a demagogue saying the election is already 'rigged' and saying that 'second amendment people' should 'do something' about president Clinton.

Fuck's sake, Brexit alone has me worried about whether or not they'll be violence in Northern Ireland again because Teresa May seems to be gleefully fucking everything up. I don't need the worry of whatever mad shit Trump would do as President, especially to this site's users and other places.
That wasn't a rebuttal to your "arguments" if I can even call them that. It was a reminder.
The only difference between this election and past elections is that Trump knows how to provoke people. He sparks argument like no candidate has before. Ted Cruz is much worse than Trump on almost every policy, yet I haven't seen any backlash towards him from you.

--------------------
It's almost as if Cruz isn't going forward for election.

Of course I despise Cruz, I think that should be pretty obvious from the fact I despise Trump. What are you accusing me of, even?

If Cruz was in the race I'd be lambasting him pretty hard as well. And yes, there is a difference between this election and past elections; Trump is literally a random guy who's never had a day of political experience in his life, and yet somehow he's the nominee for President from the Republican party. I have never seen a presidential candidate engage in conspiracy theories such as "climate change is a hoax" and "the election is rigged" before. I've never heard of a candidate that has openly called for the other candidate to be arrested and threatened to do just that if they were elected. I've never seen an American Presidential candidate to call for the restriction of freedom of press or threaten to sue the press - for god's sake, it's supposed to be the land of the free.

But thanks for your reminder that I for some reason should be away with the faeries thinking that all will be right with the world.

Your ""arguments"", if I can even call them that, are poor and simply trying to paint me as someone who's completely overreacting.

Well, I hope to god if Trump is somehow elected, you're right.
Originally posted by Torchkas
Ted Cruz is much worse than Trump on almost every policy, yet I haven't seen any backlash towards him from you.

what the hell are you going on about? ted cruz has nothing to do with this conversation thats why we're not talking about him. he isn't running anymore. he's out of the picture, done. no need for a comparison because there is no chance of him being president right now. it's just between trump and clinton. that's it. those are the only policies to focus on right now.

--------------------
just sent in my absentee ballot, kind of cheated and just voted for the whole dem party (theres an option to just vote one party for all partisan positions) when I prolly shouldve looked deeper into it, but no time for that rn

what a great first election to vote in
Originally posted by idol
what the hell are you going on about? ted cruz has nothing to do with this conversation thats why we're not talking about him. he isn't running anymore. he's out of the picture, done. no need for a comparison because there is no chance of him being president right now. it's just between trump and clinton. that's it. those are the only policies to focus on right now.

yes he does. i'm painting a picture where trump isn't in the race. if that was the case, this thread probably wouldn't have existed.

maybe BMM is right though, some people hate republicans out of principle. weird how they'd complain about someone being unnuanced when that's something they lack themselves.

--------------------
Pages: « 1 2 3 415 16 »
Forum Index - Donut Plains - General Discussion - american election thread