Due to recent events, it was decided that SMWC Idol would be rebooted. If you missed your chance to participate, or were eliminated, here is your chance to try again. Note that to keep it fair to those who have participated in the other "version" of Idol, anyone who made it to round 3 will get a free pass to there, and anyone who made it to round 2 but were eliminated before round 3 will get a free pass to round 2. You know who you are.
Let's get straight to the point.
• 1. Entries should be sent to me via PM on this site, or alternatively via e-mail, using the address in my profile. They must be in a compressed archive (zip, rar, 7z), containing the text file of your music, the SPC and all the additional samples that were used, if any.
• 2. Your entry MUST work with the latest AddmusicK
• 3. Don't share your submission, or identify yourself with said piece, until the results for the current round are in.
• 4. You must follow the limitations in the challenge given in each round. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
• 5. No time extensions, no exceptions (probably). If you do not make the deadline, you are eliminated.
• 6. As with last year, no automatic porting programs. This means no NintSPC, CapSPC, SPCtoMML V1000, etc. Note that MIDI conversion programs are exempt from this rule (this means you're allowed to use TinyMM/PetiteMM/etc).
To incentivize people into participating, and to give an edge to those who already have, prizes will be offered:
$50.00 CDN via either PayPal or a game of equal/lesser value on Steam (or if neither of these work, we can work something out)
$25.00 CDN via either PayPal or a game of equal/lesser value on Steam (or if neither of these work, we can work something out)
a custom title on the site
YOUR FIRST CHALLENGE:
Port any SNES song, but DO NOT use any samples from the game you are porting the song from. For instance, if you are porting a track from Chrono Trigger, you cannot use any samples from Chrono Trigger. You may also use SMW's samples wherever necessary.
November 19th, 2016 - 11:59 EST
Good luck. If you have any questions or require clarification, please post in the "Discussion" thread.