at the Nintendo Presents and I'm already in love.
e: - i assumed the tutorial would cover the features exclusive to your hack. I get the idea is that this should be a thing that anybody can pick up and play, but it would've been nice to know (or maybe have a separate tutorial specifically for the gimmicks you've added. Being told to hit the B button to jump in a romhack is a little silly (especially when i have the button re-mapped on my keyboard so I'm not even hitting B)).
- Okay so i hit those blocks that
and holy shit.
Like, oh my god. That is amazing.
- I'm not a big fan of the spin-jump sound tbh
- The bonus game coin has an awkward delay that made me think my game froze the first few times. The bonus game itself is also WAY too long, it'd be fine to cut it back to 3-5 falls.
- the lack of a warning in bagpipe barrage is kind of annoying. the only real strategy is to do what you can to blast through before they start playing. Maybe shake the screen or have a distinct beginning and ending visual cue (the dog takes a big inhale) will help make this seem less unfair. also i get the idea is that they're loud and annoying but oh my god please turn down the volume!!! they're way too frequent to be this loud
- i hit a block and the power-up fell down instead of popping up, which was neat but it was invincible for the first second so i almost missed it
- there are just so many spots where you're required to be small to get through? idk why though
- like every space on the overworld takes you to your Mad Scientist bonus game lol
-on the overworld, the way the gradient moves with the player removes the illusion of it being water, it just looks like a gradient or a background
-that block that created the little water tornado (and the way it actually spun you around), and the
frog's swimming abilities
were both great
- the catacombs are cool, but rotating that thing on a keyboard is so freaking tedious!!
- mirror world is so cool
- it looks like you can jump on that reskinned pokey
- with the extending blocks in the desert level you can clip the side of one when it's 1 tile away from the roof and trick the game into thinking you got crushed
- the boo reskins are really funny
- that shadow thing was glitchy, but cool as hell oh man
- if I were you I'd either cut the boo rings altogether or use custom ones that give you more space to jump through them. the SMW ones suck and are boring
- the growing block stops growing at the moving shadow which leaves the level unbeatable
- i died in Hop Hop Hills and was invisible on the OW lol
- that sword swing is janky as hell lol
- the pinball level made me giggle
- at no point did i see anything teaching me about the r-dash. idk if i just missed it but i only knew it existed because of Final Theory's playthrough
overall, i'm not done checking everything out (will update post as long as c3 is active), but i feel like so far, this is a legitimate contender [imo] for greatest romhack ever made. Like, wow. This feels and plays like its own game, with all the tricks and features that come along with it. Really hope you stick with it!most okayest