These may change in the future.
- Your screen must connect to the previous and next screen in the level.
This is self explainatory. If you have screens next to yours, take them in mind.
- Don't block off your screen or make it impossible to pass.
Only exception is if you're desining the last screen of a level/area.
- You can design more than one screen in the same level, as long as they're not next to each other (Shiny's Note: this rule can be avoided on certain circumstances)
For instance, if you have screen 0A, you can't do screen 09 or 0B
- Respect the level settings and the gimmick.
These are in the first post of all the threads. You don't necesarilly need to include the gimmick in your screen, but it's recomended.
- No glitched graphics.
This includes but is not limited to: cutoffs, garbeled sprite and object graphics, etc.
- Submit your screen as a mwl file.
I won't be accepting BPS and IPS patches anymore. Level files are the easiest way for me to add your screen to the base ROM and the easiest way for you to extract it.
- Don't feed the munchers.