Remember my thread last C3?
Now I finally uploaded it.
(If you just want to see the functions, go below.)
Alright, why a thread to a patch?
Well, this patch allows to edit the overworld much better. The vanilla one is a fixed image so editing it requires making use of Stripe Images which is rather hard to use and relatively wastefull to change a couple tiles. That, or hijack the NMI which is once again much effort for little effects and sometimes wastefull too. My patch improves the border by making portions of the border on RAM just like the status bar tiles are controlled through RAM, especially on the Super version. Yes, this patch is mostly made for ASM'ers.
And that is where the problem starts: While some uploaders like stripe images run after my patch, it still wastes – important – NMI time if the edited tiles are on the portion which my patch covers.
The level names and life counter already exists on the original ROM so they are obviously converted but remember that codes won't convert on their own so the convertation has to be done manually.
In other words: This thread is more a collection of codes which supports my patch and make use of its function.
Still though, I included a list of this patch' features:
- Easy to edit overworld border
- Editable tiles and properties
- RAM table ajusts on custom borders on its own
- Including Extended Level Names
- Variable number of rows to upload
- Upload tiles at 30FPS (might sound stupid but remember, NMI time is limited)
- Includes a better "get RAM" function.
- NEW Allows you to disable uploading tiles manually.
- v1.0: Initial release
- v1.1: Added variable rows to upload, a better function and uploads at 30FPS
- v1.1.1: Added a flag to disable the tile uploading, fixed an SA-1 bug
Codes and patches supporting this patch:
Known and/ or possiblly incompatible patches (aka requires edits on these patches or my patch to be compatible with):
- ExExtended Overworld Level Names Reason: This patch does edits on the same places as my patch does (level names, obviously, and the life counter too).
- SMA2 Status Screen Reason: Some graphical glitches appears, though I haven't really tested both patches in one ROM. May be NMI overflow which can be fixed by disable uploading the tile.