Banner
Views: 814,728,443
Time:
31 users online: 00frank, Amine Retro, Anorakun, BootaNoBijuu, Captain Slothman, chickaDEE Magazine, ChrisHamulak, Darkslayer, DasFueller, Epic_Manky, Fermín Acosta Jr., Foxy McCloud, GbreezeSunset, Green Jerry, Infinity, Janno27,  KevinM, lion, LOLRyan2006 Mario Fan,  MarioFanGamer, Milon Luxy, MORC, Mr. MS,  Nameless,  patcdr, Rammy, Sixcorby,  Teyla, WhiteYoshiEgg, yupilongas, Zandro - Guests: 88 - Bots: 166 Users: 43,049 (2,159 active)
Latest: bif-or-hans
Tip: asd lkbs ;qbwd ;gr;onew;d a;jsdbb lhli3wuvebfpwrg hlaguwb;puejd ;bugr \;siudo ;\bu omg sorry my baby cousin took my computerNot logged in.
Awesome hacking ideas
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - SMW Hacking Discussion - Awesome hacking ideas
Pages: « 1 251 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
Originally posted by Hobz
Instead of a pipe, it would also be funny if the screen scrolled back to the beginning of the level and he was just standing there, waiting for you to get back to him.

What if there was a long line of Marios waiting for their turn to play the level?

--------------------
Legacy custom music


How am I so creative? I think taking walks might have something to do with it.
Every single level I will ever make in SMM2 will be easier than Ultra Necrozma.
Originally posted by Sokobansolver
Originally posted by Hobz
Instead of a pipe, it would also be funny if the screen scrolled back to the beginning of the level and he was just standing there, waiting for you to get back to him.

What if there was a long line of Marios waiting for their turn to play the level?

Or a line of Marios waiting to kill Iggy. Sorry Iggy, but you are pretty weak lol
Originally posted by Sokobansolver
What if there was a long line of Marios waiting for their turn to play the level?
what is this mario maker?

it'd be funny if mario dies, goes through the animation, the death music plays, and then the camera just holds on the empty screen and you hear the springboard sound effect and Mario just flies back on up.

--------------------
im dying of hyperbole
Originally posted by Hobz
it'd be funny if mario dies, goes through the animation, the death music plays, and then the camera just holds on the empty screen and you hear the springboard sound effect and Mario just flies back on up.

Or Mario dies, and that's it. You can't replay the level ever again, even if you restart. He's killed off for real. Like in 'You Only Live Once.'

--------------------
Legacy custom music


How am I so creative? I think taking walks might have something to do with it.
Every single level I will ever make in SMM2 will be easier than Ultra Necrozma.
I don't know if this is possible, but it would make for a great puzzle if it is. Put an exit pipe in Layer 2 and have Layer 2 move back and forth so that the exit pipe moves between two exit screens. Depending on where the pipe is when you enter it, it will take you to a different level.

A similar thing was done in level 5-Secret of the GBA port of Yoshi's Island.
Originally posted by NathanWarford
I don't know if this is possible, but it would make for a great puzzle if it is. Put an exit pipe in Layer 2 and have Layer 2 move back and forth so that the exit pipe moves between two exit screens. Depending on where the pipe is when you enter it, it will take you to a different level.

I'm pretty sure I already saw that in a couple of puzzle hacks though I can't remember in which ones (Or if any of them are even released on smwc).
But yeah it's possible.
Two words:
Exploding Mario.

Instead of the normal death animation, Mario would just explode, not dissimilar to THIS.

What do you think? Eh? EH? #smw{;)}
Or instead of dying, whenever you lose a life, Mario just sits down and shakes his head.

--------------------
Legacy custom music


How am I so creative? I think taking walks might have something to do with it.
Every single level I will ever make in SMM2 will be easier than Ultra Necrozma.
Originally posted by Sokobansolver
Or instead of dying, whenever you lose a life, Mario just sits down and shakes his head.


reminds me of SM64's death animation lol

nice url

--------------------
- Make a hack where you play as The Snake from Kingdom of Loathing's KWE minigame.
- Make a levelASM gimmick that, if you go over a certain speed, displays the message "You're going too fast! Super Mario World should not be played while driving."
- Implement the horde of mini-Marios that comes out of a block in one episode of the SMW cartoon. (The concept is coincidentally similar to the Pal Pills item in Super Paper Mario, maybe you make that as well?)
- Change the graphics of coins so they look like fish fillets.
- Make Mario scream "OOOOOHHH SHIIIIIIT!!" when he dies.

--------------------
Disregard my previous signature. Apparently it is called Stickerbrush in the GBA version.
As my footer states, there are several Arrangement games in existence, but no Mario Bros. Arrangement, so I have bestowed upon myself to make Mario Bros. Arrangement a reality. It will include remade graphics, bosses, and custom enemies, per the Arrangement norm. I'm just not sure how to activate a level win once all the enemies in a level are defeated...
Originally posted by IronFoxGaming
I'm just not sure how to activate a level win once all the enemies in a level are defeated...
Have you tried this?
Originally posted by Berkay
Have you tried this?


How do you install this patch? I've looked up tons of tutorials on how to install this patch (Or any patch, for that matter), but came up short (And by short I mean I found literally nothing).
That's not a patch...? It's in the SMW sprites section, it's a sprite. That was made for Romi's Spritetool, so you use Romi's Spritetool. Its readme files explain how you use it
This would be insaneto pull off, but a procedurally generated autoscroller, randomly creating the level as it goes along. It could draw from a bank of pre-made sections of levels, putting together the pieces just before it comes on the screen and erasing it after. It would go on until you died, and have a high score based on how far got. Ideally, it would have different difficulty levels, like Easy, Normal, Hard, and Kaizo.

--------------------
YouTube | Music
Originally posted by white_moth
This would be insaneto pull off, but a procedurally generated autoscroller, randomly creating the level as it goes along. It could draw from a bank of pre-made sections of levels, putting together the pieces just before it comes on the screen and erasing it after. It would go on until you died, and have a high score based on how far got. Ideally, it would have different difficulty levels, like Easy, Normal, Hard, and Kaizo.

Something quite similar to this was done in A2MT's B-side. This would be interesting.
I think it'd be really cool for a puzzle hack to extend it's puzzles to the overworld. Maybe you have to beat levels in specific orders / get various normal or secret exits to activate various events on the overworld that either reveal a code you have to input or even create the path you have to use to get to the final level. It doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility. Just preset movement tiles that can get overwritten by various ow events.

I don't know if any hacks have attempted this, but it could be fun to figure out.

--------------------
im dying of hyperbole
Something like that was the reason I created my Free overworld patch half a year ago. Basically when beating levels ow events block you off and/or make new areas accessable or getting the ability to climb/swim on the overworld makes you reach new areas (Either via yoshi or the player gaining the ability to do so).
I've also had the idea to make pushable blocks on the overworld that could be used in some kind of puzzle to create a bridge or something like that though I never started actually coding that.

Should I ever finish my hack I won't upload it on here anyway so maybe someone else will use that in a hack someday...
^I wonder if it would be possible to make a hack that's entirely on the OW, no actual levels at all.

--------------------
Legacy custom music


How am I so creative? I think taking walks might have something to do with it.
Every single level I will ever make in SMM2 will be easier than Ultra Necrozma.
Originally posted by Sokobansolver
I wonder if it would be possible to make a hack that's entirely on the OW, no actual levels at all.

Probably but you'd most likely have to expand the original overworld which makes editing with LM much harder.
Pages: « 1 251 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - SMW Hacking Discussion - Awesome hacking ideas

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2020 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Total queries: 13

Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy