Tip: If your level contains elements that temporarily change the music to a global song (such as a P-Switch or a Star), that music will not stop playing after the intended end time if the music bypass setting is set to 00.
Yea, as I said, it was just a show-off how it will work. The mushroom was just an example. Basically I could create a new sprite or use the old poison mushroom and make Mario die slower unless he finds the anti-poison item, which will restore it or something, xD.
- YOU CAN JUMP *shot*
- A block, which is almost completely compatible with Z positioning. What's not, read in backfire.
- A shadow tile (that was the easiest part, of course).
The backfire :
- Regular blocks and/or sprites will NOT, I repeat, NOT work correctly. That's why I've excluded the coins this time.
- Mario will go EITHER in front OR behind the block. Mario's Z position cannot change this, due to Lunar Magic's enforcement of setting whether Mario goes OR behind OR in front of a block . I am sure to fix this, though...
Features that will be added for upcoming updates :
- Pokey shadow
- A fix on the aforementioned ?-block problem, and actually, fixing everything about the block.
- Give the block a 3D-look, and making it stop adding coins after a time. Also, spawn coins instead of simple adding one to the counter.
- Possibly an extension of Z positioning?
- Etc., I believe I'm forgetting stuff...
ErsanEdit: Made a link of the video.
-------------------- --------> Don't follow "Find Roy's Dignity", my hack. Because it's pretty outdated. <--------
I currently have nothing to show though, besides this:
The Mario in the middle of the screen is THE Mario, and the other one is actually the OW Pirahna plant.
I made some minor changes in the OAM for the OW sprite (Pirahna plant in this case), and made this thing. Atleast I almost know how the OAM for the OW sprites works now. No, I did not edit the GFX file and the palletes. This is real. I directly edited the ASM codes using all.log and the debugger.
You just wasted alot of your time!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I earned myself a 24h ban by wasting my time to type this post made of fail!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO MYSELF!!! Unexpected end tag (</b>) at 656, expected </div>
YI Door v2.0. Has Normal Doors, Locked Doors, and Boss Doors. Oh, and Locked Boss Doors. ;) They cannot be configured to teleport somewhere specific, though. I tried, and it doesn't want to use the specified destination, only the screen exit. Oh well.
It also falls! Oh yes, speaking of which, there is one major problem with that..
If you look closely, you will see that the left block has been flipped, yet the door falls. It shouldn't do that. However, there is no easy-to-access setting that makes the sprite react to objects with a 32x32 hitbox, only 16x16 or so. :/ Please, if anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know immediately! It is the only obstacle I need to overcome before I can release this sprite! (Well, and the configurable teleport, too...)
-------------------- <Adam> I feel like smwc is a prostitute now, because we put up a porn ad for money
It's a text viewer which can be useful for quite a lot of things... except that it slows down when there's too many sprites on screen at once. My original plan for this was a new credits screen (hence the IPS name).
It's very dynamic. As you can see in the demo, most things can be modified on a per-letter basis: Coordinates, palette, speed, delay, space between letters... The only thing one can't change is the direction. As you can see, it can also handle any amount (that doesn't break sprite limitations) of moving letters at the same time.
Also, it appears to overwrite Mario's sprites for some reason (can't be seen in demo). I blame Nintendo for some reason.