As stated on YouTube, by breaking THREE of these targets, the ON/OFF flag is set to OFF. I reckon this would be quite useful for clever puzzles and stuff. Also, this is pretty much my first attempt at coding something that requires an unused RAM to work... yay, or something. ^___^
By the way, I shall upload them to the custom block database soon... just need to get the ZIP ready first! :3
Come on, a typo doesn't hurt anybody. >_> Although, I kind of appreciate your help there - thanks for pointing that out, I guess.
By the way, I submitted that custom block (along with a version of it that sets the ON/OFF flag to on, instead) to the database a while ago. Here's the download link, in case anyone's interested: Download. Yeah, I know that the name I made up for the blocks isn't the best, but eh.
Also, NekohDot, great to know that you liked it. ^-^
Basically, the gray moving castle block disassembled. I included the obvious thing, the disassembly, as well as a few minor edits, like a vertical version, and 16x16 versions of the horizontal and vertical versions. It's actually my first disassembly ever, haha.
Here's a fun little sprite I made. I was trying to think of a stage hazard, but everything seemed too generic. But then I decided to make it kill enemies instead of the player, which made it so much fun I didn't even care. After all, you can't go wrong with a giant rock.
This was a massive pain to code, though... >.<
I disassembled the SMW Hammer Bro. He acts like the original, but never gets locked onto the flying blocks (Since the flying blocks themselves force the Hammer Bro to lock onto it, I always thought it was the other way around, haha). Another thing is, you can possibly even make custom Hammer Bro Bosses with a bit of ASM knowledge. Download will come shortly.
I'm not sure if anyone will find this useful, but as it is kind of hard to modify a sprite without knowing what part of its coding does what, I commented the entire Phanto sprite code, apart from the shared library routines (and found some utterly useless code that could be commented out along the way). If anyone has any need for it, it can be found here.
Also, please notify me if you find any mistakes in the commenting, so I don't end up confusing anyone by incorrect remarks.
As you can might notice, these tiles were rendered dynamically through the VRAM upload buffer ($7F837D) and it's a bit similar to a VWF scene except that the tiles are always 8x8, text is more annoying to type and there's also no commands (well, they're annoying to add). However, atleast it's possible to write to layer 1/2 this way (that's the only reason I wanted it). Also, Alcaro made pretty much the entire code (my one gave a lot of garbage, and didn't work the way I wanted it to), I just wrote some text to test it out.
Something I showed on IRC the other day: LINK
Don't whine about the level being crappy. I just threw it together to showcase the main feature. Oh, also, the status bar isn't shown because I'm too lazy to überhax the game into showing it.
Earlier today, I discovered an awesome aspect of the game engine (read about it here), so I threw together a level using roughly 0.1% of its full potential: LINK
Ugly status bar palette because I accidentally overwrote the wrong palette and didn't notice it until I had done too much work to easily correct it.
Basically, a sprite version of the famous On/Off switch block. It (obviously) flips the On/Off switch status when hit from the bottom. And it acts similarly to the Info Box (Because most of the code was based on it), so it has its own bounce animation after being hit. This sprite will be released to the world to love and enjoy as soon as I touch up a couple last things in the sprite.