Language…
21 users online: alviiiN, Azula16,  BeeKaay, bucketofwetsocks, Children's Digest 1950-2009, davluiyi, DonWafle, elusive, GeneSu730, GrenCarret, HammerBrother, HeitorPorfirio2006, Impetus, LightAligns, MiracleWater, Pizzagamer9791, sajtban, Savitar_2005, Skye, Sokobansolver, will___ - Guests: 138 - Bots: 143
Users: 56,997 (2,278 active)
Latest user: davluiyi

Error with Yoshi's Island ROM

Help

Hi there, I'm trying to play the ROM hack New! SMW2 Yoshi's Island and I keep having the same error.

I've patched the Yoshi's Island USA ROM using Lunar IPS and whenever I try to launch the hacked ROM I keep getting this error message.

"NEW! YOSHI'S ISLANd__" [bad checksum] LoRom, Corrupt, ROM, NTSC, SRAM: 0Kbits, ID:Hack, CRC32:0AC12A36

How do I fix this?



EDIT: Thanks for all your help, Raidenthequick got the hack working.

Tag (span) was not closed.
Lunar IPS is outdated, use Floating IPS to patch your ROM. Also, is your rom the 1.0 version? if it's 1.1 and above (i think, don't quote me on this) then find the 1.0 rom. I(or this forum) are not allowed to submit ROMs/links to ROMs so you would have to use google for this.
Hi, I'm a signature!
Hack Thread
Hack Testing Status: Available.
Layout by Koopster.
Originally posted by M A R I O W O R L D
Lunar IPS is outdated, use Floating IPS to patch your ROM. Also, is your rom the 1.0 version? if it's 1.1 and above (i think, don't quote me on this) then find the 1.0 rom. I(or this forum) are not allowed to submit ROMs/links to ROMs so you would have to use google for this.


I'm using the original 1.0 version on the ROM. I've just tried Floating IPS and I'm still getting the same error.
Using Lunar IPS or Floating IPS is not the problem, trust me

I had the same problems for patching that hack days ago, and in fact I had the original (V1.0)(U) rom, so it seems that it's the ips itself the problem, because when I patched the rom with the romhacking.net patch it works perfectly. I suggest you to try this

If not working, your rom is probably corrupted

(NOTE: I'm not saying that .ips patch in the Hack section is broken or something, because I didn't have problems patching others hacks, and also it's probably that the rom I was using in the first try was corrupted too)
Layout made by MaxodeX
2021 TRENO vibe check thread
My guess: Header mismatch. Patch is made for headered ROM and you used unheadered, or vice versa.

Yoshi's Island headers are a mess. Unlike SMW, there has never been a standard; some use headered, some use unheadered. Using the RHDN patch is the easiest fix for now.
<blm> zsnes users are the flatearthers of emulation
Originally posted by Shiny Ninetales
Using Lunar IPS or Floating IPS is not the problem, trust me

I had the same problems for patching that hack days ago, and in fact I had the original (V1.0)(U) rom, so it seems that it's the ips itself the problem, because when I patched the rom with the romhacking.net patch it works perfectly. I suggest you to try this

If not working, your rom is probably corrupted

(NOTE: I'm not saying that .ips patch in the Hack section is broken or something, because I didn't have problems patching others hacks, and also it's probably that the rom I was using in the first try was corrupted too)


I've tried 2 roms now and I've also tried the http://www.romhacking.net version of the ROM Hack and I'm still getting the same error.
Are you patching to the right ROM? You need to patch it to a headered ROM (.smc, 2049 kb).
Originally posted by ZeNewDragon
Are you patching to the right ROM? You need to patch it to a headered ROM (.smc, 2049 kb).


My YI ROM is only 2048kb.
So, you have to find a rom that must have a header,
so its file size is 2.097.664 Bytes (it is specified in the readme of the hack)
Layout made by MaxodeX
2021 TRENO vibe check thread
I just changed all Yoshi's Island hacks to be BPS format instead of IPS, so redownload and have fun!
Originally posted by Raidenthequick
I just changed all Yoshi's Island hacks to be BPS format instead of IPS, so redownload and have fun!


Thanks man, you actually helped a lot!

Help