Welcome to the beta testers thread!
Do you have a hack ready to be submitted, but you have no idea who to ask for testing? Do you want to somehow offer your help to hack authors in testing their hacks but you have no idea where to look? This is the thread for you!
The aim of this thread is to make a kind of "bridge" between hack authors who are searching for testers, and people who wants to offer their help for testing.
This thread will have links to testers' profiles, their availability, and all the hacks that they have tested, when possible with a link to the accepted submission/its removal log.
How can you apply to be a beta tester? Simple! Make a post in this thread, à la our moderator's moderation logs
An example could be the following:
Hacks Tested (3):
- Hack (Completed)
- Hack (Completed)
- Hack (Testing)
Currently available: yes/no (depends on you)
There is no forced style for it. You're free to do it however you want; just focus on keeping it readable, do not abuse CSS.
Obviously, this isn't for nothing! Posts with quality feedback will give you a score point; having a certain number of score points grants you special badges, ranging from 10, 25, 50, 75, 100 and 150 to 200 points!
FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO APPLY AS TESTER
- To apply, post a reply in this thread as described above. You'll be added as soon as possible. Don't panic if you're not added to the table, it may take some time but your score will still be awarded.
- As soon as you make your post in this thread, you can start testing and feedbacking hack authors' threads if there are any. A score point is given if the post containing your feedback is good enough.
- Try to keep your list in this thread up to date, add hacks to your post immediately upon beginning their testing and mark completed hacks as such as soon as possible.
- If possible, after you tested a hack, add a link to it in your list if the hack is accepted, or to its removal log if the hack is rejected.
- Do not cheat
: if we find out you secretly added hacks to your list that you didn't test, you will be removed from the list and your post/score/badges nuked.
- Always be respectful of the author's work when feedbacking. Do not insult him for his gfx/design/etc choices, nor laugh at him for it. If this happens in any of your feedback posts (or ouside this subforum), you won't get the score point but, on worst case, it'll be decreased if valued harmful toward the hack author.
- If any issues arise, such as a user harrassing you to test their hack while you are already busy with another one, or a user flaming you for your feedback, please report them to any Forum Moderator
FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE SEARCHING FOR TESTERS
- If you need your hack to be tested, make a public thread in this subforum. Private messages to testers won't count their score.
The opening post must contain a link to your .bps. You can use your file bin to store your hack's beta .bps. Pics are not needed, but they could make testers interested in giving it a go.
When making your thread, specify the hack's length in levels and its difficulty (easy, normal, kaizo, etc.).
- You are allowed to update the .bps file, but don't change it too often: wait a good chunk of feedback first, then apply changes where you consider it needed.
- Always wait for the tester's feedback before submitting your hack in the hacks section.
Submitting it earlier would render the time the tester put into it already pointless, so please have respect for the work that playtesting a hack is.
- Don't force testers to test your hack, they're free to choose which hacks they want to test. Additionally please make sure not to request testing from someone who is not currently available.
- Do not repeatedly request testing from testers who have turned your request down before, and do not harrass or insult testers for their feedback. If there is an issue with someone's feedback, such as unnecessary rudeness and insults, then please contact a Forum Moderator
Table of Testers
Any question about something you didn't get and else, PM a hack mod.