Yes, I made some minor changes to the source of douBOL (I just got rid of the graphic interface and reversed some lists to create my new BOL files ;) ). I also noted that the "write" method of some files contained some hardcoded values which did not correspond to the initial values (explaining why the starting line had a strange orientation on modified tracks).
And yes, I started a blog. I am amazed by the efforts deployed to have cool tools (douBOL, but there also is a wind waker editor), I wanted to keep track of these projects.
And for now, I am mostly busy with http://www.gamecubemod.org/article_modding_swcw
Without any experience in the field, I don't think I will reach anything, but it is quite fun so far !
where I hack Gamecube games
My YouTube channel
where I publish random stuff