|File Name: ||Pastel (Palette Editor for Yoshi's Island) |
|Submitted: ||01.09.2017 0:05:16 by Shiny Ninetales |
|Authors: ||Lui37 |
|Operating System: || |
|Platforms: || |
|Games: || |
|Source Included: ||No |
|Featured: ||No |
|Website: || |
|Description: ||Original release text by Lui: |
Palettes are simple to edit now, ladies! And gentlemen too perhaps.
This tool runs on Python 2.7, so you may need to get it.
Linux guys should only install python-tk instead, unless you already have it, of course.
Random info because I have no readme:
- The green and orange arrow buttons export and import the current palette, respectively.
- The blue and purple arrow buttons export and import all the palettes, respectively.
- I don't like the undo/redo implementation, but it does its job for now (except for a few quirks, but nothing damaging).
- I'll rewrite this tool sometime and maybe make it non-beta.
I hope the YI guys find this useful.
A very useful script, for sure, but unfortunately, right now it has at least one bug that can corrupt your ROM.
How to reproduce:
- Open the Yoshi's Island ROM
- Place a gradient somewhere on the Yoshi 0 palette
- Save your ROM
- Click the "reload ROM" button
- Click the "undo" button
- Save your ROM
-> Your ROM will now be corrupted.
(Note: there may be more ways to reproduce the bugs - the relevant part might only be the combination of reload and undo - but this is the exact sequence I used and should always reproduce the bug).
Additionally, reloading your ROM too many times will crash the application. Probably some access violation?
Please feel free to fix those bugs and resubmit the script.
If anyone wants to use it despite it potentially corrupting your ROM, you can get an archived version right here
. Don't forget to backup your ROM, as always.
--------------------Feel free to visit my website/blog - it's updated rarely, but it looks pretty cool!