- The first thing you want to do is to download UberASM
- You then put key_counter.asm in the folder "gamemode" (or "level" if you want to make it display only for a couple levels).
- Keep in mind that the code is is made in a time where the tool version wasn't a thing. In order to make it work there, you have to first put at the top of the file (or at least before the code starts) an "init:" and then a "main:" (both without quotes). You also have to change the first (but not the second) "RTS" to "RTL".
- Open list.txt and there are two cases what you have to do:
- Case 1: You put the code in "gamemode". For this case, you have to put below gamemode "13 key_counter.asm" and "14 key_counter.asm" (again, without quotes)
- Case 2: You put the code in "level". For this case, you simply have to put "xx key_counter.asm" where xx is the level number you want to use.
- Finally, you run the code.
Okay, my layout looks ugly.