Banner
Views: 1,004,690,712
Time:
22 users online:  Alex, blocc, buggy789, E-man38, Enan63, Flamesofshadow, Isikoro,  Kevin, LiamBLOL, LightAligns, maciejfokos, Narcologer, NewPointless, Nextalis, qantuum, Saela,  sincx, slopcore, spooonsss,  Telinc1,  TickTockClock, TS_N - Guests: 78 - Bots: 106 Users: 54,888 (2,026 active)
Latest: communist mario
Tip: By pressing Shift while placing event tiles, they will be made "silent" and will not appear until a map transition happens. Always use silent event tiles to draw paths in other maps (i.e. a Vanilla Dome event while the player is on the main map), or glitchy tiles may appear.
Not logged in.
Kaizo Mario World 4
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Works in Progress - Kaizo Hacks - Kaizo Mario World 4
Pages: « 1 2 » Link - Thread Closed













The game is a fan-made by me, and it's in development (levels are in development, overworld is finished). And i hope i finish it soon so i can release it.
Looks all right. I suggest coming up with a more creative room (thwomp + falling mario is overdone) and a better title. We can all agree that when Takemoto makes a new hack, the name "Kaizo Mario World 4" should be reserved.
Originally posted by ft029
Looks all right. I suggest coming up with a more creative room (thwomp + falling mario is overdone) and a better title. We can all agree that when Takemoto makes a new hack, the name "Kaizo Mario World 4" should be reserved.

Actually on Thwomp + Falling Mario is not so that, because there's a cloud (behind message) i even tried to show, but i kept dying. I'm preparing a custom sprite at the final boss, so, it can be really insane.
Exactly what Ft said about the title.
Ok, so... What do you guys think of "Kaizo Mario World: The Rebirth" or etc? I'm trying to think on a good title too.
that title was quite a clickbait
Originally posted by NaroGugul
that title was quite a clickbait

What... How was it clickbait if i shown images and i'm actually working on it, testing and etc.? I want an explanation.
well.. really need an explanation?? really??

why not call it Dram World 3? or Grand Poo World 2? or whatever..


not that your hack cant be as good or even better than Takemotos, but when ive read the title i was so hyped with the idea of a new Takemoto hack.. you really fooled me
Originally posted by NaroGugul
well.. really need an explanation?? really??

why not call it Dram World 3? or Grand Poo World 2? or whatever..


not that your hack cant be as good or even better than Takemotos, but when ive read the title i was so hyped with the idea of a new Takemoto hack.. you really fooled me

He just made his series to KMW 3, so i wanted to continue it. Problem on that? I know it's not good as Takemoto's KMW ROMs, but i really want to revive it. If you search around you will not find Kaizo Mario World 4. That's why i got the idea to continue and make the ROM Hack. Ok?
Originally posted by Quenty Rakaseth
He just made his series to KMW 3, so i wanted to continue it. Problem on that?


Yes, you just can't continue someone's else series without his authorization at all. And besides, takemoto might do a KMW 4 one day, who knows.
what make you think it will never be continued?

But whatever.. do what you want
Originally posted by Aguni_
Originally posted by Quenty Rakaseth
He just made his series to KMW 3, so i wanted to continue it. Problem on that?


Yes, you just can't continue someone's else series without his authorization at all. And besides, takemoto might do a KMW 4 one day, who knows.

How can i get his authorization if i don't have a way to contact him? Kaizo Mario Series was all made in 2007, i don't know if they will be continued by Takemoto (which i don't think), because what is the sense of creating a ROM in a period of 10 years, and it is not finished until now? I just think it's valuable to continue his game because i loved all the games and i just want to recreate what he made (which is impossible) differently, but with a way that remember the style that Takemoto did when he made Kaizo Mario. Understand?
still you should ask the author for his permission first before you continue his series. If you can´t get his permission, don´t imitate his hack.

Create your own hack instead (with an own creative name) instead of claiming to "complete" someone else´s work without his knowledge (and possibly against his will).

--------------------








Originally posted by Sariel
still you should ask the author for his permission first before you continue his series. If you can´t get his permission, don´t imitate his hack.

Create your own hack instead (with an own creative name) instead of claiming to "complete" someone else´s work without his knowledge (and possibly against his will).

Ok, but you have the discord of him, something? If i can't contact him how can i ask?
as far as i know Kaizo 3 was made in 2012..
anyway.. theres even some talk that Takemoto died.

i just think it make absolutely no sense using the same name. its Takemotos legacy. If anything it just sounds opportunistic
Originally posted by Sariel
still you should ask the author for his permission first before you continue his series. If you can´t get his permission, don´t imitate his hack.

Create your own hack instead (with an own creative name) instead of claiming to "complete" someone else´s work without his knowledge (and possibly against his will).

Originally posted by Aguni_
Originally posted by Quenty Rakaseth
He just made his series to KMW 3, so i wanted to continue it. Problem on that?


Yes, you just can't continue someone's else series without his authorization at all. And besides, takemoto might do a KMW 4 one day, who knows.

</div></div>
Originally posted by NaroGugul
as far as i know Kaizo 3 was made in 2012..
anyway.. theres even some talk that Takemoto died.

i just think it make absolutely no sense using the same name. its Takemotos legacy. If anything it just sounds oppurtunistic

If you people, are complaining about it, the idea of continuing the Kaizo series and etc. I will change the name, but any of you, if find some way to contact Takemoto with proof of him saying that he will make Kaizo Mario 4, i will stop inspiring Kaizo Hacks on him. Else, i will make Kaizo Hacks yet (Not Kaizo Mario 4, 5, rebirth, newer, etc), but with some things based on him.
Dude, don't get the wrong idea, i don't think anyone is against you making kaizo hacks based on his works, the only problem here is the name, just use a different title. #smw{:TUP:}
Originally posted by Aguni_
Dude, don't get the wrong idea, i don't think anyone is against you making kaizo hacks based on his works, the only problem here is the name, just use a different title. #smw{:TUP:}

YOU said that making a hack "update" or rebirth, you needed original creator's authorization. The idea based on it is not just on title, but too in idea, overworld, level design, and even sprites and blocks! Don't say i'm getting the wrong idea, because that's a thing you and NaroGugul said.
nobody said you shouldnt make a kaizo like hack. Most of us are here for it. The only problem is really the name.

make as much sense as painting a "monalisa 2".. or composing a "beethovens 10th symphony".
Not that it couldnt be done, but its just......wrong...

if you want to pay homage to the original kaizo, maybe call it "super takemoto world", or whatever
OP: listen, it's fine to create kaizo hacks based on the works of others (who said you couldn't?), but I'd leave to Takemoto to keep this title for whenever he's going to create a fourth hack. It's not a matter of "imitating" the hack either. You can make Kaizo: Light hacks all you want and even keep on developing this one, but don't you think it would be weird to create an unofficial hack for the series when Takemoto might be thinking of a possible new hack?
Pages: « 1 2 » Link - Thread Closed
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Works in Progress - Kaizo Hacks - Kaizo Mario World 4

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2022 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy
  • sm64romhacks