|File Name: ||JTTMK 3 - Mario and Moonlight's Quest |
|Submitted: ||2018-01-01 07:28:34 PM by Sayuri |
|Obsoletes: ||JTTMK 3 - Mario and Moonlight's Quest |
|Authors: ||Sayuri |
|Demo: ||No |
|Featured: ||No |
|Length: ||34 exit(s) |
|Difficulty: ||Hard |
|Description: ||When Mario and his mysterious new companion Moonlight board a floating fortress heading towards the Mushroom Kingdom, to their horror, they find that one of Mario's arch-rivals, King Boo, second only to Bowser, was not destroyed after all. They find that he has possessed Kirby, who Mario met in his previous adventure. After a scuffle aboard the fortress, Mario and Moonlight are now far misplaced, and must journey to the mushroom kingdom once more, all while stopping the nefarious king from enacting his horrible plans, saving Kirby, and destroy the wicked Boo once and for all. |
Version 1.2. Changelog for this version, copied from the included document:
v1.2 (January 1, 2018)
- Added midway points to 90% of the levels.
- Altered the credits to be slightly shorter.
- Skippable cutscenes! Almost all cutscenes can now be bypassed by pressing the START button. Rejoice, those who dislike extremely cringy dialogue.
- Made the final boss much less punishing.
- Lowered the amount of hits needed to defeat the secret boss and the World 4 boss.
"#3 A Maniacal Mech" has a broken midway entrance that softlocks you. Seems that you forgot to move the midway entrance when you were adding the extra midpoints. There may be other broken midpoints that I missed.
Also, even though it was already present in the accepted version of the hack, I think the quiz show should be revamped. Most of the questions require knowledge of the previous JTTMK games which you can't expect people who are new to the series know (especially when the other two hacks aren't even in the hacks section). There are even two questions ("who is my creator" and "where is the prince") where you have no way of knowing the answer at all. That alone is already very annoying, but the death punishment for getting the answer wrong pushes this into ragequit territory.
The death punishment should be removed (instead, the player should just be brought back to the boss door or something) and the questions should be rewritten to make the quiz fairer.
- A lot of the levels are rather flat and don't feature much variety. They feel more like filler inbetween the cutscenes and bosses than actual gameplay. It would be nice if you worked on them some more.
- Occasionally, the undine boss has glitched graphics. This is actually an issue with the boss itself and isn't exclusive to this hack, but it's still rather conspicuous. You could ask someone to try and fix it or use a different boss instead, but it's up to you whether you do something about that. (Also, that pixelated stretched image of Toad you used as Undine's sprite looks pretty silly.)
- The Fishin' Boo in "Nefird" is very badly placed. When you use Fishin' Boo in a level, Mario should never have to be on flame level for very long. Instead, Mario should be below the flame most of the time, sometimes having to lure the Fishin' Boo to the side to safely jump across a gap.
- Blind jump towards the end of "Greely".
- Sometimes the cutscene text scrolls too fast to catch up, most notably the "castle-except-not-a-castle" line.