Usage: Put all your patches in the tools folder, then create list.txt and put the names of every patch you want to check in it.
Double click on hc.exe and it will create result.txt in that folder.
Note: Since this tool doesn't actually take your ROM as input patches using read3 to figure positions out will not be detected properly. I'm lazy.
so yeah... I found my first hack a while back!
It was more messing around with tools to see what I can do. It's a kaizo-ish glitch-puzzle hack.
jk but that's actually a screenshot I apparently made from the hack lol
This hack features:
- Glitch-based puzzle levels
- Bad Kaizo levels
- Terrible palette choices
- Terrible looking custom blocks
- Some parts I actually still like
- Random crashes since I wasn't too great with asm when I made this
- More crashes since I required eating a chuck.
- Possibly impossible levels (While I have played all levels when I made them I probably broke a couple when adding more asm, who knows, I certainly don't)
This is a puzzle hack which is supposed to have 20 level in each stage, 5 stages so 100 level in total but is that really it...? (People who know NANG will know where this is going)
So yeah, it's heavily inspired by the IWBTG fangame "Not Another Needle Game", except this is a puzzle game.
Of course, for the people who know NANG this is also planned to have a "true ending" path. There are also two secret stages in the demo I quickly did. Try to find them. I hope they work
I apparently also coded an achievement system so there's room for exactly 40 achievements as well. Screenshots:
Some things I found while making this demo:
- Only save 1 actually works
- Couple of sprite and priority issues
- The graphics of the game over screen aren't loaded so it shows garbage
- You can select "exit" by pressing left then start on the game over screen. This will bring you to a glitched overworld and you'll have to reset to continue
- Debug key [select] is still active. Forgot where I disabled that, just don't press it lol
There's probably more I missed
This demo features:
- A couple of levels from stage 1
- A couple of levels from stage 2
- Two secret levels you can try and find
- Unbalanced levels since I only made a couple levels and threw them in so far
- Hopefully no crashes
We haven't had much time to really work on this project due to real life. We did however finish coding a couple of gimmicks and fixing a couple of bugs in the bot as well as the mini games.
Here's a gif of an overworld gimmick idea we had:
While being random in this gif the color would be selected by viewers in chat of course
Here's also a gimmickless overworld:
Sadly, we don't have much more to show for this project sine most of the changes/ideas happened on paper or in code. We hope to get a playable demo done by next C3 but real life is unpredictable