Banner
Views: 943,249,296
Time:
18 users online: Anas, Angel Miranda, bd90492, Blizzard Buffalo, containercore, Friday_D0nat, GrenudoGames, Inter, ironkatana4, kurb kid, OnlySpaghettiCode, orka-bln, qantuum, Sammit64, SF - The Dark Warrior, solgaleo35, TheJavabrew, TheOrangeToad - Guests: 85 - Bots: 148 Users: 52,450 (1,999 active)
Latest: Gabriel20020
Tip: Use Gopher Popcorn Stew to insert custom blocks into your hack.
Not logged in.
Lunar Magic suggestions and discussion (LM v3.31)
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Resource & Tool Releases - Lunar Magic suggestions and discussion (LM v3.31)
Pages: « 1 235 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 » Link
So a bit of a bug, not a big issue however, with Lunar Magic "Palette Editor Dialogue"; by default you click on a color and it is copied, you hit Enter on your keyboard to confirm selection and right click to paste it elsewhere. Very useful for moving things around.

However, if you use the "F3 Command" to copy any color under your mouse pointer, you are unable to return to default way of copy-and-pasting colors via LeftClick>Enter>RightClick, closing out the program likewise does not fix this issue. Regardless of what you do, the color you copied with F3 will remain in priority and be constantly pasted.

To combat this bug, you need only copy something, and that returns the Palette editor to its default functions. Not a bigee, but I thought it was still worth pointing out.
I noticed when consulting the help file on palette ExAnimation that the palette data in the ExGFX file is said to start at offset 17D00, while what worked for me was actually 1AD00. Is this a leftover from an earlier LM version you forgot to change, or a nonstandard setup on my end?

--------------------


 
Originally posted by Skewer
So a bit of a bug, not a big issue however, with Lunar Magic "Palette Editor Dialogue"; by default you click on a color and it is copied, you hit Enter on your keyboard to confirm selection and right click to paste it elsewhere. Very useful for moving things around.

However, if you use the "F3 Command" to copy any color under your mouse pointer, you are unable to return to default way of copy-and-pasting colors via LeftClick>Enter>RightClick, closing out the program likewise does not fix this issue. Regardless of what you do, the color you copied with F3 will remain in priority and be constantly pasted.

To combat this bug, you need only copy something, and that returns the Palette editor to its default functions. Not a bigee, but I thought it was still worth pointing out.


I'm afraid the method you're using for copying colors was considered obsolete in LM over a decade ago. You'll notice it says in the dialog that it's ctrl+left click to copy and ctrl+right click to paste. That puts it on the windows clipboard and skips the color picker.

The old non-clipboard internal method was left intact, since it doesn't really harm anything. However it's overridden for right click if LM finds a color on the windows clipboard... and F3 uses the clipboard.

Originally posted by WhiteYoshiEgg
I noticed when consulting the help file on palette ExAnimation that the palette data in the ExGFX file is said to start at offset 17D00, while what worked for me was actually 1AD00. Is this a leftover from an earlier LM version you forgot to change, or a nonstandard setup on my end?


It looks like the help file is just using the wrong offset in the example it gives (17D00 is really the start of the original animated graphics for AN1... the correct locations are listed in the chart at the bottom of that help page). Thanks, I'll correct it for the next version.
I am once again asking for custom object display. I've been working on a project with some other people and using them there, and the person in charge has said how much better it would be if we could see them in Lunar Magic wth their proper tilemaps. Especially since the latest version of ObjecTool comes with some example objects, and the formats for those are documented and are pretty specific.
Originally posted by imamelia
I am once again asking for custom object display. I've been working on a project with some other people and using them there, and the person in charge has said how much better it would be if we could see them in Lunar Magic wth their proper tilemaps. Especially since the latest version of ObjecTool comes with some example objects, and the formats for those are documented and are pretty specific.

Seconding this, custom object support would be very interesting for those who know how to utilize and code them. I would love to work with custom standard/extended/etc objects as they would serve to save plenty of space for those like myself who end up using every single byte in the rom.
I would like this too.
Originally posted by Skewer
Originally posted by imamelia
I am once again asking for custom object display. I've been working on a project with some other people and using them there, and the person in charge has said how much better it would be if we could see them in Lunar Magic wth their proper tilemaps. Especially since the latest version of ObjecTool comes with some example objects, and the formats for those are documented and are pretty specific.

Seconding this, custom object support would be very interesting for those who know how to utilize and code them. I would love to work with custom standard/extended/etc objects as they would serve to save plenty of space for those like myself who end up using every single byte in the rom.
Filler
Count me as the fourth person to support this suggestion.
Originally posted by MarioriaM
I would like this too.
Originally posted by Skewer
Originally posted by imamelia
I am once again asking for custom object display. I've been working on a project with some other people and using them there, and the person in charge has said how much better it would be if we could see them in Lunar Magic wth their proper tilemaps. Especially since the latest version of ObjecTool comes with some example objects, and the formats for those are documented and are pretty specific.

Seconding this, custom object support would be very interesting for those who know how to utilize and code them. I would love to work with custom standard/extended/etc objects as they would serve to save plenty of space for those like myself who end up using every single byte in the rom.


--------------------
Want progress on 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition? Go here to see.

Are you a sample porter and wanna help with 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition? Private Message me or Mellonpizza for details. Expect trading "resources" in exchange. 4 more left.




Is the second suggestion from here going to be added into the next version? I kinda want it for my team hack and I'm not exactly sure what was the final decision during our posts.

Hopefully it'll release soonish if the suggestion from the link is added, but I don't want to test everyone's luck asking for releases for my own convenience :P
Add me too for custom object display as well. It's especially an issue if you use custom 2D objects which are of a non-standard size (such as the slopes from imamelia's latest ObjecTool version or wider objects not unlike object 21) as priority likely won't work in your favour.
Originally posted by lx5
Is the second suggestion from here going to be added into the next version? I kinda want it for my team hack and I'm not exactly sure what was the final decision during our posts.

Hopefully it'll release soonish if the suggestion from the link is added, but I don't want to test everyone's luck asking for releases for my own convenience :P


They've both already been added for the next version. When are you planning to do your team hack?
Originally posted by FuSoYa
They've both already been added for the next version. When are you planning to do your team hack?

I'm still in the base ROM design process, adding resources and ensuring everything works as expected.
The goal is to start designing levels sometime around June which by then, hopefully, the ROM should have quite a fair amount of external resources that display just fine in Lunar Magic and possibly have their tooltips translated to Spanish.
Hmm, alright. Had some other things I planned to add, but might do a smaller release instead sometime in the next month or so.
By the way, FuSoYa, if you're planning on adding support for custom sprite display depending on extra byte settings, will that also come with support for PIXI's per-level sprite feature?
Reposting this because you oversaw it. Sorry to bother you!

--------------------
My Mode 0 guide.

My Discord server. It has a lot of archived ASM stuff, so check that out!

How about expanding the OW and submaps so they're larger, or there's more of them?

I wonder if a specific level room could be changed into a map, with events and paths working exactly as the normal maps from the player's POV, but potentially this could make it easier to add things like custom teleport blocks, level ASM and sprites.



Can you add option to go back to the 100% -> 200% -> 300% etc zooming when not using directX? I dont like the blurriness or uneven pixels.

--------------------
;TODO: update sig back to normal
Originally posted by JP32
Can you add option to go back to the 100% -> 200% -> 300% etc zooming when not using directX? I dont like the blurriness or uneven pixels.


Just untick the 'Use DirectX for Main Windows' checkbox and restart LM. Then the zooming should be no longer blurry.

--------------------
My Mode 0 guide.

My Discord server. It has a lot of archived ASM stuff, so check that out!

Originally posted by Anas
Originally posted by JP32
Can you add option to go back to the 100% -> 200% -> 300% etc zooming when not using directX? I dont like the blurriness or uneven pixels.


Just untick the 'Use DirectX for Main Windows' checkbox and restart LM. Then the zooming should be no longer blurry.

Cool that did the trick, just unticking it allows uneven zoom.

--------------------
;TODO: update sig back to normal
I'd like to see exit enabled objects that don't have a screen exit assigned to them be highlighted when you try to save a level.

It would really help in cases where the exit enabled tiles that you're using aren't obvious, as it would help identify what tiles are actually causing the problem

--------------------
"What's 9 + 10?"
-Jah
Originally posted by Anas


Not sure about that. Someone selecting tiles in there doesn't necessarily always intend or want it to insert things into the ExAnimation dialog...

Originally posted by Conal
How about expanding the OW and submaps so they're larger, or there's more of them?


The main overworld map is already as large as the VRAM tilemap. Making it larger would mean implementing a dynamic VRAM update scroll system (though as a side benefit you could then shrink the VRAM tilemap much like with levels and get +2 GFX files). Yet given all the little tables the overworld has for functionality and adding in editor changes, that'd be a fair sized project.

Enlarging the submaps up to the same size as the main one might be somewhat less work. Except technically you'd be adding more tilemaps to do it, as there's really only 2 tilemaps right now: the main map and the one that holds the submaps (with the one that holds the submaps using the same size as the main map, meaning it's already at the max VRAM tilemap size without dynamic scrolling updates). And the original overworld sprite system may have to be reworked, as it's really not that flexible for submaps to begin with.

But either way, it's still a fair amount of work. Not really something I'm planning to do at the moment.

Originally posted by Conal
I wonder if a specific level room could be changed into a map, with events and paths working exactly as the normal maps from the player's POV, but potentially this could make it easier to add things like custom teleport blocks, level ASM and sprites.


No doubt someone could customize the level engine to work that way. That's pretty specialized though and not something that really belongs directly in LM.

Originally posted by ModernKiwi
I'd like to see exit enabled objects that don't have a screen exit assigned to them be highlighted when you try to save a level.

It would really help in cases where the exit enabled tiles that you're using aren't obvious, as it would help identify what tiles are actually causing the problem


I think someone else wanted a view mode that just highlighted exit enabled tiles, which would probably serve as well. Will put it on the list of potential future additions to consider.
Pages: « 1 235 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 » Link
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Resource & Tool Releases - Lunar Magic suggestions and discussion (LM v3.31)

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2021 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy
  • sm64romhacks