I've played through world 1 and I must say your level design has improved quite a bit from the first hack. If the general quality stays the same through the hack then this will be an easy accept.
- Not really sure whether keeping all the star coins on mostly one half of the level is better because this sometimes means that star coins are placed directly in the main path (splitting the area where you can place them in half means there's often not a lot of good places to put them), but it's certainly going to reduce frustration considering that star coins unlock things. It's a trade-off that works for this hack, I guess.
- Fire snakes jump into the walls in Pokey Desert.
- The big pokey section just after the midpoint has the potential to cause slowdown if too many are on screen.
- Lots of slowdown throughout Wet Dry Oasis, probably due to lots of sprites and sprite <-> layer 2 tide interaction.
- Consider adding a patch to prevent players from swimming under the bottom row. Otherwise you can skip directly to the end of Fishy Oasis from the first bonus section.
- The angry sun sprite moves very strangely while the screen scrolls left. While this is not your fault, due to that I don't think you should be encouraging the player to move left while the angry sun is active.
- Please please don't hide projectile-shooting enemies behind priority-enabled objects.
- Collecting the orb at the end of the first castle has the potential to fill the screen with garbage for a brief moment while loading the level fade out transition.
Touching the coin outlines here causes the status bar to flash. Not sure what's causing it.
Running on the row of yellow switch blocks at the beginning of Fishy Oasis can kill you if you're big due to a weird interaction with the triple rotating platform.
The fire snake on the left here split into two for some reason.
The second midpoint entrance in the first castle should be moved.
In search of what...?
EDIT: Going to pause for a bit to reduce the amount I have to replay when you update and so I can play other C3 stuff. Shoot me a PM when you update.