Banner
The Old-School Level Design Contest ends in
9 DAYS, 4 HOURS, 21 MINUTES AND 1 SECOND
Views: 892,435,657
Time:
21 users online: 7 up, Cheolpeoduck, Dr.Moe, Faw, GordanX_05_02, janklorde, Losoall, MarioPlayer001, Mirann, Rilla Roo, RPG Hacker, S3TH0s, simon.caio,  Sinc-X, TaddyMason74, terkenytl, TheJank, Torchkas, Truxton, underway, WhiteYoshiEgg - Guests: 49 - Bots: 73 Users: 50,066 (2,328 active)
Latest: frippami
Tip: If you're using the wall-running purple triangles in your hack, remember to add Tile 1EB (or a tile that acts like Tile 1EB) underneath it. Extended object 44/45 will include this tile for you.
Not logged in.
[214] kamekku14 - Cloudcracker Ruins (Submitted, yay!!!)
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - Old Contests & Events - The 11th Vanilla Level Design Contest - [214] kamekku14 - Cloudcracker Ruins (Submitted, yay!!!)
Pages: « 1 » Link

Dear Princess Celestia, I promise not to break any rules during this year's VLDC. Forgive me. Sincerely yours, Kamek.
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is available now on ALL PLATFORMS! JOIN THE HYPE TRAIN! And don't forget to discuss the latest happs in this thread and follow @PuyoOfficial on Twitter for updates!
And so the Courier who had cheated death in the cemetery outside Goodsprings cheated death once again, and the Mojave wasteland was forever changed.
“Even if you personally are so dissatisfied with life that you want the world to end, surely the cruel reality is that it will continue on, unchanging. All the better for someone perfectly content, like me.”
Aya Shameimaru, Touhou Suzunaan ~ Forbidden Scrollery
I remember playing an old japanese hack with a world 6 ice level called nutcracker ruins... Just thought I'd say. :P

Hooray! Another cloud level! Excited to see where this leads.
I like your beginning. When the inevitable compilation ROM comes (and I'm sure it is inevitable), this would be good to get placed in the clouds.



Originally posted by Conal
I like your beginning. When the inevitable compilation ROM comes (and I'm sure it is inevitable), this would be good to get placed in the clouds.

The previous compilation has to be finished before anyone starts planning the compilation for this one, and apparently that's on hiatus. So...

Click to enlarge.

Hmmm... I wonder what this door leads to...?
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is available now on ALL PLATFORMS! JOIN THE HYPE TRAIN! And don't forget to discuss the latest happs in this thread and follow @PuyoOfficial on Twitter for updates!
And so the Courier who had cheated death in the cemetery outside Goodsprings cheated death once again, and the Mojave wasteland was forever changed.
“Even if you personally are so dissatisfied with life that you want the world to end, surely the cruel reality is that it will continue on, unchanging. All the better for someone perfectly content, like me.”
Aya Shameimaru, Touhou Suzunaan ~ Forbidden Scrollery
I can't judge the gameplay from the screenshot, but I'm sure the player would get overwhelmed with the monsters. Reducing the amount of them will decrease risk of potential slowdown. The rest is okay.
I have a Discord server as well!

My KLDC2021 is out!

People are so shallow.
Originally posted by Emerald Shell
Reducing the amount of them will decrease risk of potential slowdown.

I'm fairly sure that the SA-1 would be able to handle those. The real problem here is what you said about them overwhelming the player and in a not engaging way too, because from the looks of it, they're being placed for the sake of it instead of actually designing around them and taking advantage of each of those enemies' own patterns and quirks. There are too many coins too and a lot of the coin trails aren't really necessary, because Mario's jump trajectories seem obvious enough where they were placed.
Originally posted by Gloomy
Originally posted by Emerald Shell
Reducing the amount of them will decrease risk of potential slowdown.

I'm fairly sure that the SA-1 would be able to handle those.

I forgot about this. And I was going to take advantage of it in my level.
I have a Discord server as well!

My KLDC2021 is out!

People are so shallow.
Yeah, I'm just gonna repeat what Gloomy and Emerald have already said.

Enemies, coins, and even item boxes seem to be strewn around with no real thought put into how the player will react. Don't get me wrong, I love coins, but there's a definite difference between placing three coins to show the player where to jump and lining out the trajectory of each jump.

You may get past that part shown in only a couple lives, and that's all okay. But take a segment of this level and imagine how a new player would react to the barrage of goombas, chucks, and winged koopas.

--------------------
95% chance that I'm bored. 5% chance that I'm very bored.
Cool! It's a temple in the clouds and it looks nice. Don't have a whole lot to say here, but the temple aspect of this level is a nice touch.
Twitter


Heyo, guys! Unfortunately, I lost my old hard disk drive due to a mysterious crash that happened a month ago, but for the good news is that I've finally finished my level! (Note that the I'll be posting BPS patch afterwards before the deadline. Don't fret!)

The patch is now 🆙 CLICK HERE

Anyway, here's the screenies gallery!

Also, any musical suggestions for what song should I use for my level? Maybe I should either use Be Higher or something...

i swear this was rushed
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is available now on ALL PLATFORMS! JOIN THE HYPE TRAIN! And don't forget to discuss the latest happs in this thread and follow @PuyoOfficial on Twitter for updates!
And so the Courier who had cheated death in the cemetery outside Goodsprings cheated death once again, and the Mojave wasteland was forever changed.
“Even if you personally are so dissatisfied with life that you want the world to end, surely the cruel reality is that it will continue on, unchanging. All the better for someone perfectly content, like me.”
Aya Shameimaru, Touhou Suzunaan ~ Forbidden Scrollery
Pages: « 1 » Link
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - Old Contests & Events - The 11th Vanilla Level Design Contest - [214] kamekku14 - Cloudcracker Ruins (Submitted, yay!!!)

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2021 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy
  • sm64romhacks