1. The @8 overflows at 0:23, and the bass section sounds like it's an octave higher than it should be.
2. The @14 also overflows at 0:33, although the instrument choice for this particular part of the song is better off as something soft, like @0.
3. The intro is completely wrong. The build-up is missing, the notation of the @14s should be triplets, and the volume should fade to quiet.
4. The @21s sound really bad, and it's just like a lazy snare, but with a different sample. Also the original just uses noise for the percussion.
5. Mixing looks lackluster on the SPC, since every channel is exactly the same volume. Bass should be much louder.
6. This instrumentation would sound better with more sustain on the ADSR.
1. The bass notes are wrong, and the @0 part should have double notes. Listen to the original carefully.
2. I hear some echo effects in the melody of the original song, which are absent here.
3. Tempo needs to be raised more to match the original.
4. I'd absolutely apply custom ADSR and vibrato here, especially for the part that plays the main melody at around 0:15.
5. Channels 4 and 5 (#5 and #6) are exactly same from what I can tell.
1. There's a lazy snare being used here, and the drumbeat could use the kick and cymbals in the original.
2. The bass line feels absent in this port, and it makes this sound empty.
3. The instruments could really use some stronger ADSR than the default ones. Something with no release at all would do, especially on the leads.
4. Mixing really needs some reworking. This port uses similar volumes on every channel with no panning commands.
5. The tempo should be lowered a little.
1. Volume mixing is a huge issue here. The @0 is incredibly loud, especially with the ADSR at full blast. Although, it's mostly the channel itself that is really loud even after switching instruments. The sudden volume change at 1:11 of the whole song is bothersome too.
2. In some parts of the song, the instrumentation feels random and inconsistent. To name some examples, the @4 is heard in the intro's melody only. There's also a strong double bass at 0:53 that just appears out of the blue.
3. At 1:04, there some very quiet dissonant notes that are better off scrapped.
1. For starters, this is really empty. Listen to how filled the original is with the chords, especially on the steel drums. There's extra channels that are not being used in the port, so there's definitely room for fix the emptiness.
2. The port uses a lazy snare, when there's bongos, cymbals, kicks, and maracas in the original.
3. The @13 for the bass is a bad choice. The original song uses something like @14.
4. The volume mixing is off here. The melody, which includes the @0 and the @7 should be much quieter.
5. Custom ADSR could really help bring life to this port. The @0 and @1 with their default ADSR is really bad in my opinion and tend to sound far better with custom ADSR.
6. I'd tinker with panning, echo, and vibrato commands.
1. The instrumentation is off by a lot, and it just feels like the instrument selections are too random for me to say that it could be a 16-bit arrangement (the original was 8-bit.).
2. I don't get the @10 either. It's a lazy snare, when it almost feels like that channel was supposed to play bass notes.
3. The tempo picks up in the original, and that detail is not present in your port.
4. I'm hearing wrong notes. The first wrong notes I hear start at 0:04.
5. Custom ADSR... Please...
1. It's very empty. There's a huge lack of chords and bass notes that the original had that are absent in this port.
2. There really should have been some form of echo here.
3. The @1s need custom ADSR, preferably something strong and slow. They could use some vibrato too.