Any non-(fully-)solid block. (semi-solids like tile 100 are OK.)
This is a tile that sends mario flying with a cape, except he also has a fire flower.
In-game instructions: Hold one run button to keep flying, use the other to throw fireballs. Just don't release all run buttons.
Due to the way the vanilla game uses it's Mario GFX, this ABSOLUTELY REQUIRES the 32x32 player tilemap patch. Unless you want to cut off Mario's jaw, that is.
Read the readme for more instructions and info.
- Your submission only works on SA-1. To make it compatible with both lorom and sa-1 replace "$7407" with "$1407|!addr" and "$73E1" with "$13E1|!addr".
- If you're in the spin jump state when touching the block, you'll get a big floaty jump instead of the flight ability.
- If you cancel your flight and then touch the block again, you'll not be able to fly anymore (it'll just push you upwards). I believe this is related to $1408.
- Using "db $37" without having wallrunning code is just a waste of space, use "db $42" instead.
- Since you always end up having the fire flower when touching the block, you can just set Mario's powerup without checking it beforehand (basically all the lines between "MarioBody:" and "FireCape:" are useless).
- I'd also argue that this falls into the "too niche" category, although this is not why it was rejected.