Collection of Overworld Sprites
(Bird / Goomba / Fish / Piranha Plant)
* The Goomba acts similar to the fish, but in a 2x2 space. Both of them force you into a level you have to beat.
* The piranha plant is just a static sprite which does nothing. The bird moves around.
* Other sprites used in my entry, such as the podoboos, were not coded by me and were instead used in VLDC9
. They're in this repository
. Give due credit to the person who made them!
These sprites come bundled with a special build of PIXI designed to run with overworld sprites. It's not final. Other types of sprites should behave as they do in v1.2.9.
Other Overworld Stuff
Note that for my purposes these were made in a bunch of combinations of files. I grouped whatever was relevant together but didn't test it outside my entry's setup.
Main Map Split
* This patch splits the upper and lower part of the overworld, leaving the upper part as an extra "submap".
* This patch makes a submap double its width by killing the second submap right to it.
* Insert the UberASM for both submaps!
* Note that as my entry doesn't require the user to enter levels, this code doesn't
readjust the X position afterwards. It might end up breaking if you enter a level in the rightmost part of the left submap. Don't use if you can't fix it.
The gradient/palette change system will hopefully arrive later today!