Banner
Views: 772,758,400
Time:
21 users online: anonimzwx,  Atari2.0, Cheolpeoduck, FelterBr, Flippn'Fences,  FPzero,  idol,  imamelia, JayV, Maxodex, MIGUEL LARA, MMHalo14,  Ninja Boy, Nowieso, Oli, placeholdertest, SAMPLE,  Scrydan, SiameseTwins, SimFan96, TheMorganah - Guests: 45 - Bots: 151Users: 40,585 (1,851 active)
Latest: MMHalo14
Tip: It's recommended to use these when ripping graphics.Not logged in.
Sprites - Requests Closed
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - C3 Museum - Summer 2019 - Sprites - Requests Closed
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Originally posted by Dark Mario Bros
What about a checkpoint kinda in the same style as super mario maker where you can either set it to make mario big or not #smw{:TUP:}

didn't LX5 make that already?

--------------------

Originally posted by Atari2.0
Request thread :O


I'd like to request a sprite, you're free to choose between one of the 2 options:
-Flying volcano lotus (if possible with the extra bit that says wether it flies up-down or left-right, but you can also skip it if you want)
-A Baby Yoshi egg that can be grabbed and cracks not when Mario gets near him but only when Mario tosses it.

Thanks for the consideration, you're cool dude wether you do the requests or not, the sprites already shown are super cool.
Keep up the great work.

I will be making that flying volcano lotus next, I have almost finished it. It's ok if you can customise its speed using extra bytes?
Originally posted by MrDeePay
Originally posted by Teyla
While we're on puffers, maybe one that acts closer to the one from NSMBU? Like in this stage.

I think there's one on the site (or in SMWCP2? I don't know if it got submitted) but that one's just a boss bass that doesn't kill you and as a result it's a bit janky to design around.


The sprite you're talking about go recoded so it behaves closer to the one in the video you linked. It wasn't submitted to the Sprites section (yet), though.

And here my dumb ass working on SMWCP2 somehow never even noticed, lmao. Guess my request can get scratched then.

--------------------
These are absolutely awesome #w{<3}

As for a request (I'm sorry if this is a bit lengthy sounding),
something like the janky falling platform (sprite 63) but 1 to X width tiles wide in options would be helpful to increase or decrease the difficulty or utilize it for other tricks that otherwise wouldn't be possible as it is, with the option of making it explode based on a certain amount of time like 1-4 seconds so people don't hang out too long on them if they're used with a super rope, or to use them as a jump changer for a platforming level, or for tight gaps in ultra stars, alongside this maybe a feature to make it go left or right, up or down based on the X or Y position

Alongside this; I love that fire chuck, and I know it's gonna good for a dangerous level, but what if there were a splitting chuck that released 3 of them?

#w{>=)}

Anyways; keep up the awesome work, I was blown away when I seen all these uploaded out of nowhere, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!
My request is custom slopes. Apparently everyone had said that smw's slopes are problematic.

Maybe you could make a sprite that acts like a slope. Of course these would not be used a lot because sprite limit, but if could give a person the ability to make a slope a few tiles long that is a custom slope and that might be cool.

So how about a tile slope that is a 45 degree angle. or something.
Originally posted by Darolac
Originally posted by Atari2.0
Request thread :O


I'd like to request a sprite, you're free to choose between one of the 2 options:
-Flying volcano lotus (if possible with the extra bit that says wether it flies up-down or left-right, but you can also skip it if you want)
-A Baby Yoshi egg that can be grabbed and cracks not when Mario gets near him but only when Mario tosses it.

Thanks for the consideration, you're cool dude wether you do the requests or not, the sprites already shown are super cool.
Keep up the great work.

I will be making that flying volcano lotus next, I have almost finished it. It's ok if you can customise its speed using extra bytes?

You're totally free with it, you can do whatever you prefer.
Request completed, Atari2.0.

Flying Volcano Lotus



This volcano lotus will fly around with customisable X and Y speed.
If the extra bit is clear, it will fly in the top-left direction. If it's set, it will fly in the bottom-right one. You can also make them oscilate horizontally (extra bit clear) or vertically (extra bit set) based on a define. Finally, you can completely set its X and Y speed with extra bytes, the first one for the Y speed and the second one for the X speed (those will overrite their previous speed).

Usage with NMSTL is recommended. Based on Volcano Lotus dissasembly by Nekoh.

Download

Had to rewrite the graphics routine a lot though, it was an INCREDIBLE mess in the original game, I'm guessing because of lack of space.
Originally posted by Mogu94
Line-Guided Fuzzy that shoots fireballs towards the player as it follows the track.

Here:

Fire line-guided Fuzzy



This fuzzy will shoot fireballs to Mario while moving on the line. The speed of the fireball can be customised, alongside its timer.

Based on the dissasembly of the line-guided Fuzzy by imamelia, I have also fixed its extra bit functionality, which was broken.

Download
If you are still taking simple requests, how about a skull raft that floats on blocks with the acts-like setting of 0, 1, 2, and 3 (the water tiles)
.

--------------------
On Pixel Art Requests: I generally do not accept free work unless I either have the time, if I see your project worth my time to contribute towards, and that is usually me doing the approaching to you on that second part. I do not accept speculative work as I do have various art I made on-hand with me. I am more receptive to paid work and equivalent exchange of resources (trades) in which case, you can DM me wherever I have an active presence on for the details and we can work something out. If not, then don't DM unless absolutely necessary.



Originally posted by Darolac
Originally posted by Mogu94
Line-Guided Fuzzy that shoots fireballs towards the player as it follows the track.

Here:

Fire line-guided Fuzzy



This fuzzy will shoot fireballs to Mario while moving on the line. The speed of the fireball can be customised, alongside its timer.

Based on the dissasembly of the line-guided Fuzzy by imamelia, I have also fixed its extra bit functionality, which was broken.

Download


Awesome, thank you!
Layout by RanAS, modified by yours truly.

Cuckoos and Punchy Pipes

They work similarly to Piranha Plants (Cuckoo as horizontal and Punchy as vertical), but only do anything when Mario enters the pipe they're in. He'll enter inside fully, then be launched outwards and into the air a bit by the corresponding sprite, then the sprite will slowly retract into the pipe. Maybe they could play a launching sfx when they launch Mario, like SM Sunshine had.

They use the default Green and Red sprite palettes.
I'm going to do a revamped Mushroom Scales, the horizontal chainsaws and the flying chucks next, because they were requested by more than one people. Probably won't be finished today though because I won't have that many time to code.

Originally posted by RollingRigatonis
Request: Bullet Bill Bomber - A Bullet Bill that flies at around half the speed of a regular one that also drops a single fireball (or any extended sprite for that matter, like hammers) downward every two seconds. Meant to be placed at the top of the screen or somewhere out of the players reach.
If you want, you can also include an extra bit setting to have it drop two or three extended sprites at once.

Originally posted by Jammerjab
How about a mole that lunges towards Mario as he gets closer?

Originally posted by Fullcannon
A flying question blocks that goes in a circle.

Originally posted by Darkbloom
How hard would it be to make a line-guided version of the swinging platform?
If this ends up being too difficult, what about a line guided platform that goes left/up on ON and right/down on OFF (or vice versa)? This doesn't *seem* hard, but I don't have the time to do it myself :(

Originally posted by OG_Phantom_
These are absolutely awesome #w{<3}
As for a request (I'm sorry if this is a bit lengthy sounding),
something like the janky falling platform (sprite 63) but 1 to X width tiles wide in options would be helpful to increase or decrease the difficulty or utilize it for other tricks that otherwise wouldn't be possible as it is, with the option of making it explode based on a certain amount of time like 1-4 seconds so people don't hang out too long on them if they're used with a super rope, or to use them as a jump changer for a platforming level, or for tight gaps in ultra stars, alongside this maybe a feature to make it go left or right, up or down based on the X or Y position
Alongside this; I love that fire chuck, and I know it's gonna good for a dangerous level, but what if there were a splitting chuck that released 3 of them?
#w{>=)}
Anyways; keep up the awesome work, I was blown away when I seen all these uploaded out of nowhere, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!


I am also going to do some of those as well, depending on my motivation, though. If I won't do them now expecte them for next C3 of something.

There are a number of requests that are too easy of an edit to be considered separated sprites. I'm talking about the skull raft and the spike top ones. If I still have time and motivation I will try to do them though.

Also there are a number of non vanilla requests. I'm not going to do those, I already said it in the rules.
I've been looking for some flyin' dry bones (akin to the red flying koopas), similarly to the ones you can make in Mario Maker. That sounds like it would be right up your alley, short and sweet :D

When jumping on them they should either not budge at all or crumble. Possibly adjustable by the extra bit?

(Note that bouncing Para-Dry Bones do exist already.)
Originally posted by Ramon
I've been looking for some flyin' dry bones (akin to the red flying koopas), similarly to the ones you can make in Mario Maker. That sounds like it would be right up your alley, short and sweet :D

When jumping on them they should either not budge at all or crumble. Possibly adjustable by the extra bit?

(Note that bouncing Para-Dry Bones do exist already.)

Sounds like it could fall in the category of relatively simple edits. If I end up doing it I would be submitting it as an update for the Para-Dry Bones.

Requests are now closed. I will do my best to fulfill them #tb{:]}
you've done a fine job making all these sprites. I especially love sprites that use hopping flame's trail, something that isn't commonly seen (i'm speaking about fire swooped and fire chuck).
Originally posted by RussianMan
you've done a fine job making all these sprites. I especially love sprites that use hopping flame's trail, something that isn't commonly seen (i'm speaking about fire swooped and fire chuck).

Thanks RussianMan. The idea came from a person who gave me the idea of making a fire swooper, one that threw fireballs at Mario. I tweaked that idea and the fire swooper came to life.

On another note, another request fulfilled, this time the ones from Hiro-sofT and yoshiatom:

Single Mushroom Scales



This platform sinks when Mario is touching it from above and rises when it is not. The first extra byte customises its sinking speed; the second one, its rising speed (vanilla values: 08FE).

Completely coded from scratch (and thus, contains nothing of the somewhat obscure code of the dissasembly).

Download

I note, yoshiatom, that you also requested a mushroom scale platform that could be at different heighs. That can be done relatively easily editing the dissasembly, so I didn't include it.
Yo, these look pretty rad! Thank you so much for making these Darolac. Can't wait to test these boys when i am back home.

That old disassembly was hard to work with and i only managed to spawn the 2nd platform offscreen, which wasn't really clean and resources friendly. Glad there is now a cleaner version of it.

Thanks again for all these dope custom sprite releases man... all the effort that must be going into these must be insane. I am pretty good with graphics and stuff and i know how long it takes to make some detailed stuff, but in terms of coding SMW custom sprites i imagine its way harder than just to swing the brush. Its so nice of you that you have gone out and have working on these requests.

I hope all these find great uses in future ROM hacks.
Originally posted by Hiro-sofT
Yo, these look pretty rad! Thank you so much for making these Darolac. Can't wait to test these boys when i am back home.

That old disassembly was hard to work with and i only managed to spawn the 2nd platform offscreen, which wasn't really clean and resources friendly. Glad there is now a cleaner version of it.

Thanks again for all these dope custom sprite releases man... all the effort that must be going into these must be insane. I am pretty good with graphics and stuff and i know how long it takes to make some detailed stuff, but in terms of coding SMW custom sprites i imagine its way harder than just to swing the brush. Its so nice of you that you have gone out and have working on these requests.

I hope all these find great uses in future ROM hacks.

I'm glad you liked them! I'm working on a second version that solves the cutoff that happens when they despawn and they are not in their equilibrium position (happens with this version and the original) , so stay tuned.

I have already started working on the left and right chainsaws,but it will take some time before they are completed, so I might do an easier request meanwhile.
Originally posted by RollingRigatonis
Request: Bullet Bill Bomber - A Bullet Bill that flies at around half the speed of a regular one that also drops a single fireball (or any extended sprite for that matter, like hammers) downward every two seconds. Meant to be placed at the top of the screen or somewhere out of the players reach.

If you want, you can also include an extra bit setting to have it drop two or three extended sprites at once.

Not exactly extended sprites, but I think its even cooler:

Bill Bomber



This Bullet Bill throws bob-ombs at Mario. If the extra bit is set, it will be a Bill Banzai, it will be invencible and it will throw 3 bob-ombs at the same time.

Download

I will take a break for now, so won't be coding anything until next week.
Originally posted by Darolac

Bullet Bills dropping Bomb-ombs? #tb{'_'} Evolution of war in a nutshell.

These are all amazing sprites @Darolac! Rest well.
Recent Hacks:
- Hazardous Halloween
- Sweet Land
- Super Mario Colors
Other SMW Playlists
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - C3 Museum - Summer 2019 - Sprites - Requests Closed

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Total queries: 9

Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Talkhaus
  • SMBX Community
  • GTx0
  • Super Luigi Bros
  • ROMhacking.net
  • MFGG
  • Gaming Reinvented