LunchLunch [https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=41930] added hacks to their list that weren't in the forum and never responded when questioned on it.
Welcome to the beta testers thread!
Do you have a hack but have no idea who to ask for testing?
Is it ready to submit but you need to make sure it fully works?
Do you want to somehow offer your help to hack authors in testing their hacks but you have no idea where to look or who to ask?
This is the thread for you!
This thread intends to bridge hack authors who need testers with people who are willing to playtest hacks.
Each tester will have a "profile" with their availability, accepted difficulties, and a list of all the hacks that they have tested, including a link to their feedback.
How can you apply to be a beta tester?
Simple! Make a post in this thread for your profile, in the same vein as our moderators' moderation logs.
There is no mandatory formatting for it; just make sure that it's readable and follows the forum rules on CSS use.
Of course, your efforts will not go unnoticed! Posts with quality feedback will be given a score in points; having a certain number of points grants you special badges, namely for increments of 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150 and 200 points!
You can gain between 0.5 and 10 points for your posts, depending on their content and effort put into them: Examples! Examples do not indicate exact point values, and points will be awarded on review of feedback; a long post does not guarantee full points.
RULES FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO APPLY AS TESTERS
- To apply, simply post a reply in this thread in the format described above. You'll be added to the list as soon as possible. Don't panic if you don't see your name immediately; it may take some time but your score will still be awarded.
- As soon as you make your post in this thread, you can start testing and posting feedback in active threads, if there are any, you don't need to wait to be asked to test a hack. A score is given upon review of your post containing feedback.
- Your feedback should be contained to a single post, unless the hack creator asks for clarification. Extra clarification posts will not earn you additional points. ~ Playing multiple demos of the same hack and providing feedback on each still awards points per post. ~
- Don't post until you are finished playtesting.
- Try to keep your list in this thread up to date: add hacks to your post immediately upon beginning testing, and mark completed hacks as such as soon as possible.
- After you test a hack, add a link to your feedback post into your profile.
- Do not cheat: Your feedback is reviewed. If we find out that you've added hacks to your list that you haven't tested, you will be removed from the list, and your post/score/badges will be removed.
- Always respect the author's work. Do not insult or mock them for their design choices. If this happens in any of your feedback posts, but also outside this subforum, the points you would've received will be deducted from your overall score.
- However, constructive criticism is appreciated Make sure to choose your words to try and avoid any miscommunications between you and the hack author.
- If any issues arise, such as a user harassing you to test their hack while you are already busy with another one, or a user flaming you for your feedback, please report them to any Forum Moderator via PM.
- Any account found to be inactive for 2 or more months with zero points will be pruned from the list of testers as well as having their post deleted
FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE SEARCHING FOR TESTERS
- If you need your hack tested, make a public thread in this subforum, and make sure that the opening post contains a link to your .bps. You can use your file bin to store your hack's beta .bps. Screenshots are not needed, but they could make testers more interested in testing your hack.
- Your opening post needs to include the length of the hack, in exits, and the difficulty you feel it has.
- Feel free to also use any of the regular Tags when talking about your hack to try and cultivate the appropriate audience.
- Once you have made a thread, you may ask testers marked as available if they are willing to playtest your hack. Please do not disturb users marked as unavailable.
- You are allowed to update the .bps file, but don't change it too often. If you update your .bps, it's ok to make a post stating you've updated it, but make sure that you update the link to it in the original post.
- Always wait for the tester's feedback before submitting your hack to the hacks section. Submitting it earlier renders the tester's invested time meaningless. Please have respect for the amount of work playtesting a hack requires.
- Don't harass testers to test your hack; they're free to choose which hacks they want to test.
- Do not repeatedly request testing from testers who have turned down your request before, and do not harass or insult testers for their feedback. If there is an issue with someone's feedback, such as unnecessary rudeness or insults, then please contact a Forum Moderator via PM.
THINGS OF NOTE
- Here is the list of difficulty options for reference:
Standard: Easy - Normal - Hard - Very Hard
Kaizo: Beginner - Intermediate - Expert
Tool Assisted: Kaizo - Pit
- Before submitting your hack, check how other users view your difficulty. For example, if you posted your hack under Hard, but multiple users say that it's more Normal, it's probably a good idea to mark your hack as Normal instead.
- With this new thread, users who wish to receive points for any previous feedback need to make a new profile here. All previous feedback will fall under the previous rules when being scored.
- Starting with this thread, all feedback must be on hacks posted within the last 6 months by an active poster for points to be received.
I'm here to apply as a tester! I like to write very detailed feedback, and i think it could be helpful for other people!
- Difficulty can be anywhere between Easy and Very Hard.
I might accept some Kaizo:Light stuff as well, but only the easiest of Kaizo:Light hacks, so it won't take too long to test, or be too demanding for me.
Also, i'm currently not accepting Joke or Troll hacks for testing, but this might change in the future.
- As for length, it'll depend mostly on my availability, as well as the difficulty.
If i have a lot of free time, i might accept some long hacks, but if i'm available but i'm still a bit busy, i'll accept only short hacks. (I'm doing this mostly to not make people wait too long for my feedback)
When i'm available, i'll be mostly taking a look at hacks' threads and see if some hack calls my attention for me to test it.
I'll also be open for requests via PM, just make sure to link to your hack's thread, so i can give feedback there! (Note that i might reject a request if i have any reason to do so)
Busy with other things right now. (In fact, i've been so busy i didn't even think about updating this before :p)
- I've done some Fan Judging on VLDC 11, which was a nice experience for me on testing levels! I could only judge about half the entries, but that's already plenty of experience!
This can also be a sort of "showcase" of my testing style (though of course, VLDC 11 judging is a lot more detailed than it'd be if i was testing a full hack)
Hi! I have more than 4 years of experience with Smwhacking.
I'm also a writer/playtester of the Mario Hacks website, the anthem of brazilian community who lives since 2009.
With a simple and objective review,i gives the feedback that you ever deserve. Bye-bye!
"If you imitate someone, you can never surpass them."
Let's test some hacks! If you have something to be playtested, feel free to send me a PM.
Status - Available
Difficulty: From Easy to Very Hard (some Kaizo: Light too)
Hacks Tested: 21 (Post will be updated)
New Super Mario World 2 - Around The World by Pink Gold Peach/Rilla Roo
Adventure Islands by Shadow9999
Super Mario Endless World by Haithius
SMW - The Lost Islands by Chris
Luigi's Misadventures 3: Recipe for a Disaster by Roberto zampari
Super Mario Another Retro by Infinity
Vanilla Flavour by niko
SMW: The Crown's Tale by bandicoot
Mushroom Kingdom Adventures 1: Peach's Kidnapping by Dispace
Super Russian World by RussianMan
Mario vs The Deadly Alliance by SpoodahBro
Classic Mario World 3: The Finale - Definitive Version by bandicoot
.EXE// Project Demo by EE_02.exe
Waluigi's Road to Glory: Joe Biden will go on by Roberto zampari
Mario - The Mysterious Gem - Demo 2 by Mr. MS
Super Mario: The Friends' Rescue - First Demo by edgar
Super Mario Radish Kingdom Adventure by autisticsceptile1993
Insomnia by Drippz85
New Super Mario World 1: The 12 Magic Orbs Remastered (World 6 Demo) by Rilla Roo
Total Jotary World by Narcologer
Luigi's New Quest by Mr. MS
I've got a lot of free time, so if you need something tested let me know and I'll do it! I have a bad(?) habit of spending my time doing these sorts of things in one sitting, but the person in need of testing will probably see this as a great thing!!
Status:Currently available! Difficulty: Easy - Kaizo: Light (be sure to let me know which difficulty is intended for the hack because I will be giving criticism based on this)
Status: Available Difficulty: Up to Very Hard*, Including Joke and Troll Hacks**. No Kaizo and Pit please. Hacks Tested: 0
I will update my status whenever situation changes.
* - Very Hard hacks may not be played and tested to completion bc of the sheer difficulty and undertaking involved to play those levels. I will however, try to give as much feedback as I can, but I know my limits.
** - Troll and Joke hacks also may not be played to completion bc the structure of those hacks are fundamentally different than playing a regular one. I am not the most equipped to critique them so refrain from asking me to test them unless it looks presentably good.
-------------------- On Pixel Art Requests: I generally do not accept work unless I either have the time, if I see your project worth my time to contribute towards, and that is usually me doing the approaching to you on that.
-I also do not accept speculative work as I do have various art I made on-hand with me.
-I am more receptive to equivalent exchange of resources in which case, you can DM me wherever I have an active presence on for the details.
-Other times I'm availible for your project is C3 request threads I may run.
Hacks Completed (6) Super Nothing World by NewPointless (24/25 Exits) Haunted Hill by Sleepy (19/19 Exits) Super Mario in a New World by EvanEMV (10/10 Exits VERSION 1) .EXE by EE_02.exe (4/4 Exits) Super Muffin World by Sorrylag (7/8 Exits) Mario - The Mysterious Gem by Mr. MS(28/28 Exits)
I generally check the forums few times per day (generally at night) due to my terribly slow internet, but I can test in some parts of the day. I have experience playing hacks since 2019 and it sounds good to help. So, let's start!
Fight everyonefor everlasting peace!
I didn´t finished drawing my better Ares Genri ;_;
Difficulty Preference: Kaizo Light
Hacks tested (8):
- LearningToFly0.1 by NewPointless
- LearningToFly0.2 by NewPointless
- LearningToFLy0.3 by NewPointless
- StunyBoy Hack World 1 Draft by Stunyboy
- Yet Another Super Mario Adventure (YASMA) 4 Castles Demo v0.1 by Segment1Zone2
- Yet Another Super Mario Adventure (YASMA) 4 Castles Demo v0.2 by Segment1Zone2
- Yet Another Super Mario Adventure (YASMA) 4 Castles Demo v0.3 by Segment1Zone2
- ANewStart v0.1 by DingusButticus
If your hack isn't kaizo, i'll probably test it.
If a hack is long, i.e 70 exits or more, it takes me about a day to test. Anything less will be tested in a few hours.
My PMs are open for anyone to ask anything.
Status - Available Difficulty - Easy-Very Hard Length - Any - Preferably long, difficult hacks.
Status - available
Difficulty - from easy to Very Hard
Length - any
Hacks tested (8):
Luigi Stardust Adventure by Infinity
Luigi's Super Adventure Demo 2 by Dispace
Super Mario World: A Super Mario Adventure 2 by KaidenThelens
Super Mario Bros.: Vanilla Islands by Gamma V
Waluigi's Road to Glory: Horlogic will Go On by Roberto zampari
Super Mario World: A Super Mario Adventure 3 by KaidenThelens
Super Mario World Season 2 by DaHitmenGuy
SMW Quest for Gaming by bandicoot
Hacks testing (1):
NSMW1 The 12 Magic Orbs Remastered by Rilla Roo
-------------------- This is so insane! I've got powers, and I'm fighting supervillains!