It is with great pleasure to announce that Major Flare and I are opening up a round of applications to fill in the staff for the SM64 sections! We are looking for, mainly:
- SM64 Moderators;
- SM64 Hacking Helpers;
- SM64 Music Helpers.
As such, we’re expecting for any willing user with the necessary requirements to sign up for a position in our team, so we can better revitalize the SM64 sections.
General qualities of an SM64 moderator:
- Being active on Discord, as discussions will be centered in there. We don’t expect you to be on call 24/7, but do make us aware if you’ll be busy or cannot participate in discussions.
- Being able to assist in testing tools is a plus, but not required.
- Catch up with current events on SM64 hacking matters (such as the decomp project, and new tools being released)
Requirements for a SM64 Hack Helper:
- Have a general knowledge of SM64 hacking and a basic understanding of the tools;
- Have a good grasp of level design as a whole, down to smaller details (such as modelling, music selection, object placement, etc.);
- Have a good grasp in playing Kaizo hacks (for those applying to moderate Kaizo hacks)
Requirements for a SM64 Music Helper:
- Being able to import .M64 files to SM64 ROM Manager
- Being able to detect any irregularities with the ports. Examples of these errors include:
- Incorrect or otherwise detuned notes
- Notes that sound too high pitched and cap out at a certain range
- Proper looping (when applicable)
- Instrument choices
- Channel volumes and note velocities, as well as proper sound mixing
You may apply using Google Forms (available here). What are expected to be in the form:
- SMWC User Name;
- Discord Tag (Optional);
- Desired Function;
- A brief portfolio on your knowledge;
- Why do you believe you should be promoted;
Tentative limit date: somewhere in November 2019.