Banner
Views: 794,075,812
Time:
25 users online:  Atari2.0, Bryan Blackner,  BTD6_maker, CapitanFrio09, Carld923, chickaDEE Magazine, Cr4zy__4RTHUR, Duraner Hawkeye, FailSandwich, GatoSlashFish, Green Jerry, Hat Kid, kamekku14,  KevinM, leictreon,  LMPuny, lx5, Maxodex, NeutronCat, pakkie,  Pinci, Randomtale, Romano338,  Telinc1, Yume Nikki Fan - Guests: 48 - Bots: 161 Users: 41,440 (1,498 active)
Latest: f4k3th3r34l1ty
Tip: If you give the player a cape, be sure they can't cheat and fly over the level with it!Not logged in.
Holiday Names
Forum Index - Important - Announcements - Holiday Names
Pages: « 1 2 »
Good to see this enabled! Not sure if I'll use a new name but yeah.

--------------------
Here is a simple message saying you should support my randomizer!
Minecraft Randomizer: Scrycrafter
I've always found holiday names to be fun, seeing all the humorous, witty, and neat names people give themselves. Discovering who's under the guise of one is like opening a mysterious present. You'll never know who you get!

Well. Unless you have an easily identifiable username color. But that's besides the point, you still get to name yourself something else for a few weeks bi-yearly!

--------------------
What is a Lunar Magic, and can I eat it?
Yes, according to the date.
Originally posted by E-man38
I've always found holiday names to be fun, seeing all the humorous, witty, and neat names people give themselves. Discovering who's under the guise of one is like opening a mysterious present. You'll never know who you get!

Well. Unless you have an easily identifiable username color. But that's besides the point, you still get to name yourself something else for a few weeks bi-yearly!
Agreed.

--------------------
I feel like I should put something here, but I don't know what.

The problem with signatures is how many things you can put in one. What do I say? And don't say "whatever is best" because so many things are best that it's hard to choose. Agreed?
Originally posted by FPzero
Originally posted by Ladida
so i had picked a random nick and it accepted it, but then it got auto-nuked so each time i would go for it it wouldnt let me. so i thought it just only accepted a certain range of characters, but now i see people with emoji and random symbols in their nicks. is there a specific whitelist or blacklist being applied? what range(s) of unicode are allowed? because its clearly more than what normal nicknames use (so the rule of "follow normal username rules" is out the window)

I don't know exactly what characters are allowed now, since one of the site upgrades allowed access to emoji characters on the site. That's why you can see a couple users with weird things in them. What were you trying to change your name to?

i dont remember (i think it was "ban halloween nicks γŠι‘˜γ„")

im aware of the site unicode update; the nick displayed fine, its just that it reverted my name a minute or so later and then i couldnt enter the nick again (it would not apply the changes). which means theres definitely a white/blacklist since theres other rando chars people are using (and the list was applied shortly after i changed my nick)
Hm, I'm not really sure what it could be since japanese characters are supported by the site, as we can see by your post and title. Maybe they just fail in usernames for some reason. Regular usernames don't allow for a wide variety of characters unless directly edited by admins, and even then we generally avoid breaking those character rules.
I'm glad to see holiday names are back.

Just wondering though, would there be any way to make a setup for people that have gone by the same holiday name for years (e.g. in my case, I go by Knight of Fright just before Halloween, and Silent Knight just before Christmas) so that their name could be automatically changed before each one of these two holiday periods if they're planning to use those holiday names every single year?

For example, if I was inactive here for a long while (but not banned), and I was going by my Halloween name at Christmas (or vice versa), this would be handy if I was just too busy to come here.
maybe, but the time it'd take to implement for something that only happens twice a year doesn't feel like a worthwhile investment.

we could consider nuking all holiday names when we disable the name change setting, so you dont have to worry about having a halloween name for christmas. chances are if youre too inactive to change your nickname, its not a big deal if you dont have one.
How about nuking all the holiday names of inactive users?
Calling Tim Follin a musical genius would be offensive to him.
Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but it deserves to be said again: it's great how if you have holiday names disabled the username's mouseover text displays the holiday name instead, in a perfect reversal. Kudos to whoever had that idea!

--------------------


 
Originally posted by WhiteYoshiEgg
Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but it deserves to be said again: it's great how if you have holiday names disabled the username's mouseover text displays the holiday name instead, in a perfect reversal. Kudos to whoever had that idea!

I agree, that was a great idea! I checked and it also works if you are not logged in!

--------------------
b
Originally posted by FPzero
Hm, I'm not really sure what it could be since japanese characters are supported by the site, as we can see by your post and title. Maybe they just fail in usernames for some reason. Regular usernames don't allow for a wide variety of characters unless directly edited by admins, and even then we generally avoid breaking those character rules.

so its working again now, but i need at least one alphanumeric (or punctuation) character, else itll fail. which is weird because the last time i did this it got auto-nuked. i guess telinc or w/e keeps reworking stuff in the bg? either that or im being heavily watched lol
It works the same way with unicode, apparently lul
Layout made by MaxodeX
This topic is not really important as of now. It's been good 1 day after the last Halloween.
Calling Tim Follin a musical genius would be offensive to him.
if it's not an important topic then don't post
Pages: « 1 2 »
Forum Index - Important - Announcements - Holiday Names

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Total queries: 7

Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • SMBX Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • MFGG